Dear CS Students and Faculties,

This is a gentle reminder that we will have the Microsoft’s Window Phone App Workshop this afternoon starting at 5:00pm in University Center 460/465. Please follow the link http://microsoftatgastateapplabwinphone7.eventbrite.com/ to register by this noon so we can prepare the food and we strongly suggest you follow the instructions after registration for pre-installation, that way we can get started quickly, for your convenience, the lab preparation and software installation instructions are attached below.

Food, drinks as long as valuable door prizes will be provided during the event, we look forward to seeing you there. For more information, please see the attached flyer.

Sincerely,

Guangming Wang

Chair

IEEE GSU Student Branch

LAB PREPARATION and SOFTWARE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Hardware Requirements:
Students will need to ensure that they bring computers/laptops running Windows® Vista® with Service Pack 2 or Windows® 7 and have the software noted below installed PRIOR to event:
•Installation requires 4 GB of free disk space on the system drive.
•3 GB RAM
•Windows Phone Emulator requires a DirectX 10 or above capable graphics card with a WDDM 1.1 driver

PLEASE NOTE: If you are using a MAC, Virtual Machines are NOT supported. You must run Windows in a separate Bootstrap partition using either Boot Camp or Parallels.

Software Needed and Installation Links:
• Visual Studio 2010
• Windows Phone Development Tools
• Phone SDK Update

To install, please follow steps below.

Step 1: Register for DreamSpark:
www.dreamspark.com

Step 2: Register for AppHub
https://users.create.msdn.com/Register Under 'Account type', make sure you select 'Student'.

Step 3: Install Visual Studio 2010 from DreamSpark. https://www.dreamspark.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductId=25

Step 4. Download and Install the Windows Phone Development tools:
Install Windows Phone 7.1 SDK
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=27570