bismillah.jpg

Asalaamu'Alaikum wa Rahmatullah dear MSA Community!

As the semester slowly comes to an end, we pray that everyone does well on their exams/papers and ends the semester in the best way possible! Attached to this email are various supplications or dua's for studying.

As mentioned in the previous email, the foot washing basins in the restrooms on the 4th floor of the University Center are now operational. The university is working on more and they will try calibrating the sensors. Please use flip-flops to ensure less mess. Benches should stay on the inner wall. If you move them, please move them back.

May Allah help you all with your finals.

Walaikum Salam,

GSU-MSA

Footsink.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS:

1.       1. Pakistan Floods 2011 Fundraising Dinner at Global Mall on Dec 3rd at 6pm.

2.       2. AL-Falah Academy Fundraising Dinner December 11 at 5:00 PM

3.       3. AMYP Islamic Financing Seminar at Georgia Tech on Dec 3rd at 10am

4.       4. Sisters’ Volunteer Abroad opportunity. Application Deadline Dec 1st

5.       5. Examkrackers Winter / Spring MCAT Courses starting Feb 18th and Mar 18th

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Pakistan Floods Fundraising Dinner

helpinghandspakistanfloods2011.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Al Falah Academy Fundraising Dinner

alfalah flyer.jpg

AL-Falah Academy, a private full-time Islamic School in Metro Atlanta GA area, strives towards excellence in Academic and Islamic education in a creative and nurturing environment. AL-Falah concerted effort to develop the student towards excelling in academia and social etiquette, necessary to be successful in this world and hereafter.  Established in 2010, the school has already grown to 105 students with a dedicated staff of 15, experienced and qualified with most of them certified by state of Georgia.

AL-Falah Academy, as a community school, has maintained an affordable tuition fee to encourage parents of various income strata to take advantage of an Islamic School with high Academic goals. Alhamdulil’lah with the blessing of Allah in the form of active community participation, AL-Falah has been able to ensure quality is not compromised.

Alhamdulil'lah AL-Falah Academy, true to its name, has been greatly successful in its goal of excellence. This is evident with Al-Falah having achieved in the first year itself: high ITBS student results, recommendation for Accreditation with Quality, fully licensed by Georgia's Bright from Start and high commendations from educators and national scholars that have visited the school.

In an effort to make quality Islamic education affordable, Al-Falah Academy offers discounted fees to over 30% of students, requiring raising funds. Please see the attached flyer for more details on the upcoming fundraising dinner on December 11th at 5:00 PM. While donating to AL-Falah Academy is a Sadaqa Jaria (perpetual charity), it’s also tax deductible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. AMYP Financial Planning Seminar

As you may have heard, AMYP is hosting a financial planning seminar.  The goal of the seminar is to teach the community what are halal investments and Islamic financing options available to us, as well as smart money strategies.  We have invited two expert keynote speakers for this event:  Monem Salam and Hud Williams.  Insha'Allah, I hope you could do us the kind favor and share this event with your network, organization, Masjid, friends, and family.  Please let Shahrukh (president of AMYP) or I know if you have any questions or if we can provide you with additional information.  Jazzakh Allahu Khairun for the consideration.

-Zohra Kamal

AMYP Vice President

AMYP Seminar.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Sisters’ Volunteer Abroad Opportunity

Volunteer.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5.  Examkrackers Winter / Spring MCAT Announcements

EXAMKRACKERS nine week Spring comprehensive MCAT course starts February 18th in Atlanta with 3 locations!!

Make sure to enroll BEFORE DEC 07, 2011 to save $150 off the regular course rate!

This course is intense. The Comprehensive Review runs for 9 weeks and covers absolutely everything on the MCAT. It includes two 4-hour classes each week and 7 full length simulated CBT (computed based test) MCATs. Although classes are 4 hours, lectures are only 50 minutes.  A class lecture is followed by a 10 minute break, a 30 minute practice exam in the MCAT format, and a complete review of that exam. Compare this to our competitors: 3-hour lectures, little or no in-class testing, and little or no review. Our format will keep you awake, familiarize you with how the MCAT tests the science, and show you the fastest way to get to the answer. Prep with EK and prep with the best!!

Emory University Location - Monday / Wednesday 6-10pm

Web Calendar Link: http://examkrackers.com/MCAT/MCAT-course-schedule.aspx?id=490

Ga Tech Location - Tuesday / Thursday 6-10pm

Web Calendar Link: http://examkrackers.com/MCAT/MCAT-course-schedule.aspx?id=491

Kennesaw State University Location - Monday / Wednesday 6-10pm

Web Calendar Link: http://examkrackers.com/MCAT/MCAT-course-schedule.aspx?id=492

Make sure to enroll BEFORE DEC 07, 2011 to save $150 off the regular course rate!

(Visit www.examkrackers.com for more detailed information about course locations or to enroll)

Do you think you need more work that the regular 9 week course can offer...

The MCAT EXTRA Course is being offered in Atlanta starting March 18th for those preparing for an August 2012 MCAT Test Date or later.

This is an extended course for the student who has noticeable weak areas. For most students, the Comprehensive Review is not just enough; it is, for most, the best way to prepare. The MCAT Extra includes the Comprehensive Review (enrolled students receive the Summer Regular Course with enrollment as well and the schedule rolls right into our Summer posted schedules), plus nine 3-hour sessions in a small class setting (8 students max but usually fewer). Only our best instructors earn the right to teach the MCAT Extra. They are certainly among the best instructors in the country. The class is tailored to the small student body. The focus is to improve specific areas before assimilation into the Comprehensive Review. No attempt is made to cover everything on the MCAT before the Comprehensive Review.

MCAT Extra - Atlanta (Emory) Location -

Web Calendar Link: http://examkrackers.com/MCAT/MCAT-course-schedule.aspx?id=635

For more information or to enroll please visit www.examkrackers.com

Or , as always, feel free to give me a call or email!

Janis Stott
EXAMKRACKERS - www.examkrackers.com
Southeast Regional Coordinator
(386) 864-1245