bismillah.jpg
Assalamu Alaikum Everyone,

We have two important and time-sensitive community announcements for you.

1. Council of Interfaith Concerns Event on Nov 15th Halaqa will be cancelled.
2. Atlanta Muslim Young Professionals (AMYP) Eid formal on November 12, 2011 at 8:00 PM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Council of Interfaith Concerns Event

Halaqah will be cancelled on Thursday November 15th for the Council of Interfaith Concerns event. We would like each faith group to have a representative (s) to offer a prayer/ words of thanks to/for those in attendance. We are looking for speakers for the lunch and learn. If anyone is interested, please contact Safia Ansari at [log in to unmask].

2. Atlanta Muslim Young Professionals (AMYP) Eid Formal

Atlanta Muslim Young Professionals (AMYP) would like to invite you to our first annual Eid formal taking place on November 12, 2011 at 8:00 PM.

If you have not registered for the AMYP Eid formal yet, then now is the time to do it. Time is running out, and ticket prices will go up at the door. It is going to be a great program, so insha'Allah we hope to see you there!

Register here:http://new.evite.com/services/links/4W3H5MLMYA

We would consider it a personal favor if you forwarded this event to your family and friends.

Program Details:
Art Exhibit and Socializing
AMYP Welcome Address
Eid Mubarak Address from City Councilman Ivan Figueroa
Dinner
Music by Sammy Jaraysi
Spoken Word by Khalfani Adair

What is AMYP?
AMYP is an emerging organization whose mission is to empower young Muslim professionals by offering social, professional, and civic networking opportunities that celebrates the Islamic heritage.

For more information please email us at[log in to unmask]
.

Location Details:
Sinbad's Feast
10305 Medlock Bridge Rd
Ste C-8
Johns Creek, GA 30097
(770) 622-6409
www.sinbadsfeast.com

Entertainment Details
Khalfani Adair
-Khalfani is a graduate student at Georgia State University where he is wrapping up his Masters in Political Science.. He is CEO of "FreshAir Media", sponsor and moderator of "The PoetryForum" (monthly Townhall meeting), and host of BlogtalkRadio's "The Adair Affair". Recently Khalfani had a starring role in the play "More than One", where his character "Ali" dealt with the challenges of a strained marriage and possibility of polygyny. Aside from his work as an entertainer, Khalfani Adair is actively engaged in community outreach and development. Whether fundraising, mentorship, inter- faith dialogue Khalfani is the "go to guy".

Sammy Jaraysi
-Sammy was born in Nazareth, Palestine. He started singing at the age of 14. At 17, he began taking violin classes and then switched to oud so that he could continue singing while playing an instrument. Mr. Jaraysi came to the US in 1973 and started performing two years later in Atlanta. Hes traveled all over the south eastern states and performed at various festivals and events. He is currently in a band consisting of five members who play the keyboard, oud, guitar, and dorbakkeh.