[image: bismillah.jpg]
Assalamu Alaikum Everyone,

We have two important and time-sensitive community announcements for you.

*1. Council of Interfaith Concerns Event on Nov 15th Halaqa will be
cancelled.*
*2. **Atlanta Muslim Young Professionals (AMYP) Eid formal on November 12,
2011 at 8:00 PM.*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Council of Interfaith Concerns Event

*Halaqah will be cancelled* *on Thursday November 15th* for the Council of
Interfaith Concerns event. We would like each faith group to have a
representative (s) to offer a prayer/ words of thanks to/for those in
attendance. We are looking for speakers for the lunch and learn. If anyone
is interested, please contact Safia Ansari at [log in to unmask]

2. Atlanta Muslim Young Professionals (AMYP) Eid Formal

Atlanta Muslim Young Professionals (AMYP) would like to invite you to our
first annual* Eid formal taking place on November 12, 2011 at 8:00 PM.*

If you have not registered for the AMYP Eid formal yet, then now is the
time to do it. Time is running out, and ticket prices will go up at the
door. It is going to be a great program, so insha'Allah we hope to see you
there!

Register here: http://new.evite.com/services/links/4W3H5MLMYA

We would consider it a personal favor if you forwarded this event to your
family and friends.

Program Details:
Art Exhibit and Socializing
AMYP Welcome Address
Eid Mubarak Address from City Councilman Ivan Figueroa
Dinner
Music by Sammy Jaraysi
Spoken Word by Khalfani Adair

What is AMYP?
AMYP is an emerging organization whose mission is to empower young Muslim
professionals by offering social, professional, and civic networking
opportunities that celebrates the Islamic heritage.

For more information please email us at [log in to unmask]

Location Details:
Sinbad's Feast
10305 Medlock Bridge Rd
Ste C-8
Johns Creek, GA 30097
(770) 622-6409
www.sinbadsfeast.com

Entertainment Details
Khalfani Adair
-Khalfani is a graduate student at Georgia State University where he is
wrapping up his Masters in Political Science.. He is CEO of "FreshAir
Media", sponsor and moderator of "The PoetryForum" (monthly Townhall
meeting), and host of BlogtalkRadio's "The Adair Affair". Recently Khalfani
had a starring role in the play "More than One", where his character "Ali"
dealt with the challenges of a strained marriage and possibility of
polygyny. Aside from his work as an entertainer, Khalfani Adair is actively
engaged in community outreach and development. Whether fundraising,
mentorship, inter- faith dialogue Khalfani is the "go to guy".

Sammy Jaraysi
-Sammy was born in Nazareth, Palestine. He started singing at the age of
14. At 17, he began taking violin classes and then switched to oud so that
he could continue singing while playing an instrument. Mr. Jaraysi came to
the US in 1973 and started performing two years later in Atlanta. Hes
traveled all over the south eastern states and performed at various
festivals and events. He is currently in a band consisting of five members
who play the keyboard, oud, guitar, and dorbakkeh.