bism.gif

ASALAAMU'ALAIKUM!!

By the will of Allah, we will be having an EMERGENCY General Body Meeting for all MSA Members on Tuesday, October 25 from 12:15-1:00pm in Arts & Humanities 327. Please be there and be sure that your MSA friends are there, regardless of whether they are active members of MSA or not.

Snacks and refreshments will be served.

Jazak Allah Khair,
MSA Executive Board

ATL Muslim Community& GSU Community Announcements:

Housing Listing
I need a Muslim girl for three bedrooms apartment. It is three minutes from Lenox Station. She will share the apartment with other two kind Muslim girls. She will have her own bedroom and she will share the bathroom with one of these girls. She will pay only $ 290 plus utilities which is $ 80 on average. Move in date: Dec 15. Email Fatma at [log in to unmask]

Events from The Office of Civic Engagement
October 24 – Intercultural Relations Goes 3-D: Religions of the World
Room 485 University Center, 5pm-7pm. This 3-D event will bring students of different religious denomination together for an evening of conversation. Dinner will be provided.
October 25 – Religions of the World Art Exhibit Opening Reception. Student Center Art Gallery, 5:30pm – 7pm. A reception highlighting the work of various artists who contributed to the exhibit. The exhibit will run from October 20 – November 18, 2011.

Job Opportunity at Islamic Private School
Al -Falah Academy, a private Islamic school located in Gwinnett is currently seeking teaching candidates, will be glad to participate in Georgia State student teaching practicum program ,I was wondering if you  please share information with MSA members especially those who are enrolled education/teaching  programs. If you have any questions  or need additional information please feel free to contact us at Al-Falah office number :(678)502-7211 or send an email to [log in to unmask].

Muslimah Consultation Group (MCG) Inagural Conference
To support Muslimahs in a support group: to Share, Talk, Listen, Assist, Network and Heal in our Deen.
We started in 1999 with the hopes of supporting each other in our Deen.  We've achieved many of our goals and continue supporting each other outside of MCG, Inc. by networking, collaborating, meeting, assisting, consulting, etc. in addition to being there for each other when we meet. Muslimahs look for us to come together confidentially and receive quality incredible support.
Insha’Allah on Saturday, January 14, 2012, Muslimah Consultation Group, Inc. will host their Inaugural Sisters’ Conference themed: “Uplifting Our Sisters… One Sister at a Time”  We are writing this letter to request your valuable participation in this event, which will be held at the Conference Center at Dekalb Technical College, 495 N. Indian Creek Drive, Clarkston, GA 30021.  We are expecting Muslimahs from all walks of life - from the local schools, MSAs and Masajid to different communities, ethnicities, ages and backgrounds.  We even look to host Sisters of other faiths as well.
We are currently seeking support from local Masjids as well as Muslim and/or Woman owned retailers and businesses to support this event. We believe in the importance of building up the community and want to exhibit businesses, products and services by our Ummah. We are hoping you can sponsor us by either purchasing an ad for our event program brochure, donating items that can be placed in our event “goodie bags,”  donating any product/service, or gift certificate that can be given as a door prize or donating something of value which will be exhibited in our silent auction, insha’Allah.

Exxon/Mobil Scholarship
The ExxonMobil Middle East and North Africa Scholars Program provides select student leaders with a fully-funded scholarship towards the completion of a Master's degree. The scholarship covers tuition, travel, insurance, housing, and books. Additionally, a monthly living stipend is provided for the duration of the scholarship program. This scholarship is funded by ExxonMobil and administered by the Institute of International Education (IIE). The application is open to current seniors or recent graduates. Masters candidates interested in a second Master’s degree are also welcome to apply. The deadline to submit online applications for 2012 scholarships is October 30, 2011. Applicants must be a citizen of one of the program countries:  Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, UAE, and they must be native Arabic speakers that have lived the majority of their lives in the region.
Finalists will be invited to an all-expense paid short-course event in Abu Dhabi this December. Selected scholars will receive placement assistance for a university program in the United States.
Sponsored MS programs include:
Geosciences
Engineering (preference for Petroleum, Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, and Civil—though others are welcome to apply)
MBA (sponsor requires an engineering or science background)
http://www.iie.org/exxonmobilscholars
http://www.facebook.com/mena.scholars
Contact: David DeGroot
Institute of International Education (IIE)
Southern Regional Center
Houston, Texas, USA
ph: 832.369.3472

Looking for INCEPTORS (especially MSA students!)

We are looking for students who exhibit excellent teamwork, communication and leadership potential as well as a diverse group of students.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, and I thank you in advance for taking time to share this information in your members.

Please see attachment. Contact:

Amanda Antara çCoordinator of New Student Orientation

Office of New Student Orientation & Parent Relations

Student Center - Suite 265 ç404/413-1575 ç[log in to unmask]

Facebook çTwitter çBlog çFoursquare

Adventure Aviation Job Opportunity
Aventure Aviation is an award winning aircraft parts supplier based in Peachtree City, GA. We currently are looking to hire a Sales Associate.
-The job requires full time availablity Monday-Friday, this position then would be ideal for a recent graduate or someone graduating by December 2011.
-The position is entry level with industry specific training provided. However, some expereince in Sales is Ideal. We are accepting applicants of all majors.
-We are offering commission in addition to a yearly salary. In addition we offer employees a competitive benefits package which includes health insurance and 401k program.
Position begins with a 3 week training period where you will learn how we do business along with the business tools used to run our business.
After this period, you will begin using aviation software, doing research, making and receiving phone calls, and contacting customers and suppliers from around the world in order to do market research and find aviation parts that are needed to fulfill our customers daily requirements.
Other secretarial duties may be required.
Applicants must be computer literate and be skilled at using:
- Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
Applicants must also be confident in their phone skills and improving their phone skills as this position requires you to be on the phone 30% of the time.
*Fluency in a foreign language is a plus but not required.

Masjid Omar School
Masjid Omar needs a k-12 teacher for sisters from 12-3:30. The pay is
good so if u know anyone interested please call sister dilshaad at
6786656100

Call for Submissions: Essay Contest
The Elie Wiesel Prize in Ethics is an annual competition that challenges college students in the U.S. to submit essays on the urgent ethical issues that confront them in today’s complex world. Since 1989, The Elie Wiesel Prize in Ethics has been encouraging students to write thought-provoking personal essays that raise questions, single out issues and are rational arguments for ethical action.

First Prize: $5,000

Second Prize: $2,500

Third Prize: $1,000

Two Honorable Mentions: $500 each

Open to all full-time Juniors and Seniors registered at an accredited four-year college or university!
DEADLINE: All applications must be submitted online at apply.ethicsprize.org before December 5th 2011, 5pm PST.
For more information and guidelines, visit www.ethicsprize.org.