||C/C++, Perl, iptables, Linux
HA, managed switches, VPN appliances, Apache, Postgresql,
Interested in working within a
high-caliber team managing & developing innovative
systems designed to combat crime through various
Our client has enjoyed 22 quarters of growth and
is in the process of expanding into Atlanta, GA. They
seek an a full-time Unix Server
Administrator/Programmer to manage the current server
administration functions and assist in ongoing
Within this career, you will be responsible for shared
maintenance of all aspects of the server farm used to
run the back-end product offerings. This position
includes on-call and emergency response time, and will
involve occasional heavy hours.
For success within this role, you will have:
• Linux (CentOS) server administration experience
• Configured and maintained iptables, Linux HA, managed
switches, VPN appliances
• A background with Apache, Postgresql, CVS, Subversion,
• Fluency in Python and shell programming desired.
• Basic Java programming skills
• Excellent time management and task prioritization
skills and the ability to work under pressure
• Extensive problem solving skills and debugging ability
• Ability to work alone and as part of a team required.
• Experience interacting with internal customer service
support to external customers desired.
• Hands-on experience setting up hardware desired.
• Flexibility to work long hours as needed during
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BS degree in Computer Science
and 5-10 years practical working experience. Applicant
must have a strong background in database and web
Graduate degree in a similar field or graduate study is
considered a plus but not a requirement.
- Bachelors of Science or higher in Computer Science or
- Extensive knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Fluent in C/C++ and Perl
- Familiarity with GPS
- Experience in database programming (SQL)
- Familiarity with web programming languages (PHP, HTML,
- Experience with TCP/IP networking and common network
- Excellent time management and task prioritization
- The ability to work under pressure
- 7+ years of applicable work experience
This position will be located at the company's global
headquarters in Atlanta, GA.
Close suburb locations: Alpharetta, Norcross,
Marietta, Decatur, Forest Park, Peachtree City,
Lawrenceville, Covington, and Oxford