A handout of the powerpoint for this webinar is attached. If you want to follow along during the presentation, please print and bring your own copy of this Powerpoint. Also attached is a free handout provided by Principal Investigator.com for your reference.
NIH Biosketch: Present Your Capabilities Effectively
LIVE Webinar • Wednesday, April 6 • 1:00 P.M. • 60 Minutes
NEW LOCATION: Natural Science Center room 218. Doors open at 12:40 pm
Your grant application is — in many ways — a story. Each section must grab attention and build your case for funding, within page and character limits. So you must make the most of every word you write — including what you say about yourself in your Biosketch. This section is more than a simple biography of the principal investigator and other team members. You can use this area creatively to increase your chances of obtaining the funding you seek.
This Webinar will reveal tricks of the trade and recommended tactics for effectively presenting your capabilities. For example, how to highlight what is most pertinent, the importance of uniformity across your team members’ biographies, and key words, phrases, publications and topics that will impress reviewers.
5 Key Webinar Take-Aways:
- Personal statement dos and don’ts
- Best published papers to show off your talents for the proposal
- Consistent conformity to the new application format among all collaborators
- Importance of customizing your CV with different emphasis
- Ideal ways to leave a positive impression on the reviewer
This Webinar is Perfect for PIs Who Want To:
- Know what to include in their Biosketch—and what to leave out
- Make a pertinent and relevant personal statement
- Identify what published papers to include
- Gather and organize the CVs of all the project’s collaborators
- Include information that plays up the strengths of all team members