Subject: Need your help! - RE: Doctoral Seminars during Spring 2011
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 02:54:03 -0500
From: Vijay Vaishnavi <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
CC: Balasubramaniam Ramesh <[log in to unmask]>, Ephraim McLean <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, Vijay Vaishnavi <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>

Raj,

As you probably know this semester I have been visiting IIIT-Delhi on a Fulbright lecturing fellowship; I will be returning to Atlanta toward the end of this month. As part of the fellowship I have just taught the course CSE791: Special Topics: Design Science Research Methods in Information Technology to computer science doctoral students; please see the attached syllabus. The course has been well received and actually needs to be offered to all doctoral (and even masters thesis) students in computer science and related disciplines. I teach a similar course in the CIS department, which also should be taken by CS students. You may recall that talked I to you about it a few years back and as a result of that discussion one of your doctoral students took the course.

I am teaching a similar course in the Spring 2011 semester: 17961 CIS 9220: Topics in Information Technology (it will be offered on the main campus - a correction needs to be made in goSolar on its location). All the four doctoral students in our doctoral program plan to take the course. But the course needs at least one more student as per the university policy on course enrolment! I therefore need your immediate help in advising and encouraging at least some of your doctoral/graduate students to register for the course.

 I will greatly appreciate your help in this matter! Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Regards,

Vijay

Vijay K. Vaishnavi
Board of Advisors Professor of Computer Information Systems &
Professor of Computer Science
Georgia State University