**

[image: bism.gif]

**NEW* Membership on
Orgsync<https://orgsync.com/register/communities/georgia-state-university>
*

> Even if you have already completed membership in the past, you must *re-do
> your membership* on Orgsync. Please click here<https://orgsync.com/register/communities/georgia-state-university>(
> https://orgsync.com/register/communities/georgia-state-university) and
> register with your *student email address*. Find the Muslim Students
> Association in the list of Student Organizations and join with the *password
> "gsumsa." *Only students who register on Orgsync will *recieve the Prayer
> Room code* when it changes every semester.
>
> Orgsync enables you to find other members, recieve text messages (if you
> choose), pay dues, buy a MSA shirt with the click of a button! It is built
> like Facebook; you can update your status, and keep up with the MSA easily!

*Looking for a Webmaster & 2 Interfaith Council Reps*

> We are looking for someone who can update the website from our current one
> to the new one on OrgSync. It will require a few hours to make the initial
> transfer, and then about an hour of your time per week to update. No
> knowledge of HTML is required; the website uses an easy-use portal.

 The MSA is a part of the Council of Interfaith Concerns (CIFC) at GSU. We
need someone from the MSA to directly work with them. This entails
attendance at CIFC meetings, keeping MSA members informed about events, and
being the Muslim representative on the CIFC Board. Please email us at
[log in to unmask] if you're interested.

*Ongoing Weekly Events: Brothers Halaqah is BACK!*

> Tuesdays & Thursdays 12:15pm-1:00pm *Halaqah* (Discussions)
>            *Brothers Halaqah* is BACK on in Arts 320. Sisters Halaqah are
> still in Arts 327.
> Wednesdays 12:00-1:00pm *Da'wah* (Outreach Table)
>            Please contact Brother Adnan Dadovic at
> [log in to unmask] if you would like to help.
> Fridays 2:00pm-3:00p OR 3:00pm-4:00pm Two Shifts of *Jummu'ah* (Friday
> Prayer)

*Brothers Movie Night*

> Thursday, October 21 at 7:00pm-9:00pm in UC 235. Movie to be announced. **

*Sisters Movie Afternoon*

> Friday, October 15 at 4:00pm-6:00pm in UC 404. Movie to be announced.

**
**
*Long-Sleeve Shirts are only by Special Request*

We will be ordering the MSA shirts as ALL short-sleeve. For long sleeves,
you must put in a special request and pay the difference (TBA). If you are
interested in a long-sleeve shirt, please email [log in to unmask] with
your name, email address and shirt size by Oct 31, 2010. More details to
come about shirts soon.

*MESPA Panel Discussion*

> "Ground Zero Mosque or Cordoba Initiative: Inside the Controversy
> Surrounding Park 51"

 The Middle East Socio-Political Association (MESPA) is hosting this panel
discussion on Tuesday, October 12th, int he student center Ballroom from
4:30-6:30pm which is aimed at further understanding information about the
Cordoba Initiative itself and what issues have been brought up that surround
the building of this cultural center

[image: flier.png]

*6th Annual Fast-A-Thon*

> Fast-a-Thon is an event by the MSA, the Middle Eastern Socio-Political
> Association (MESPA), and the Council of Interfaith Concerns (CIFC) for
> Non-Muslim students on campus. Ask anyone who has ever asked you about Islam
> to try fasting like Muslims for a day and enjoy a free dinner on *Tuesday,
> October 26, 2010 at 6:00pm*! We'll *talk about fasting in Islam* and the
> recently passed Ramadan, as well as the *situation in Pakistan* and why
> everyone should *donate* what they would have spent on food that day to
> Pakistan through Helping Hand USA. Get your flier in the Prayer Room
> (University Center 409). Sign up is required for attendance. Can't attend
> the dinner? Donate online at gsumsa.com!
>
> [image: Flier.JPG]

*Islamic Cultural Fair 2010*

> Please join us Monday, November 8 for our Annual Islamic Culture Fair in
> Library Plaza Courtyard. If you can represent your country, please e-mail us
> at [log in to unmask] as soon as possible! We have only 20 tables
> available. *This year, food will be arranged through MSA and the school
> only.

**
** [image: Islamic Fair Flyer Nov8.jpg]
**