1. Inquiry for Muslim Reverts/Converts
2. Pakistani Flood Relief- Helping Hand USA
3. Research Study looking for Atlantan Muslims
4. Al-Maghrib Ramadan Goodies
5. Islamic School in Jonesboro looking for volunteers

1. Inquiry for Muslim Converts/Reverts

Patrick Bowen <[log in to unmask]>
Hello,
I am writing to introduce myself.  My name is Patrick Bowen and I am a PhD
student at the University of Denver/Iliff School of Theology in the Religion
and Social Change program.  For my dissertation I am studying US Muslim
re/converts, and so I am trying to make connections with various groups
throughout the US.  My goal is to be able to get in touch with people from
your MSA who would be willing to take a survey and/or talk to me about their
experiences as converts to Islam and/or the history of re/converts in your
organization. Your input would be very appreciated.  Please respond if your
organization, or individuals in it, would be interested in participating in
this study.
Take care,
Patrick D. Bowen

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Pakistani Flood Relief- Helping Hand USA

Assalaam Alykum,

The latest death toll has reached 1400 and counting. 1,000,000 people have
been displaced. Thousands are stuck on rooftops and have no way of getting
anywhere. They have limited access to survival, are facing starvation, snake
bites and water borne diseases. Pakistan is an emergency situation, and the
worst is yet to come; heavier monsoon rains are expected in coming days.

Before the floods Helping Hand for Relief and Development was already
present in the area and was running skills vocational training centers and
basic health units. These are also heavily damaged now.

HHRD started organizing free medical camps for the flood affectees of
Charsadda and Dir immediately right after the disaster. Currently HHRD is
proactively providing Health related services at different parts of the
country.  This includes District Swat, Buner, Dir, Char Sadha and Mianwali.

In district Swat and Buner HHRD is providing Comprehensive Primary Health
Care Services in collaboration with World Health Organization (WHO),
(Mianwail) HHRD is running a Mother Child Health Center independently.
Ambulance services are also provided in this area.

Leadership team of HHRD was present in Pakistan for the Water Conference and
has now extended their stay due to the magnitude of the disaster and will
help in coordinating relief efforts.

Helping Hand for Relief and Development is appealing to all those who hear
about this catastrophe to come forward and donate with open hearts.

The helpless people in these floods need our help now.

For latest updates and information, please keep visiting
www.hhrd.org<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1103596271521&s=3028&e=001Z7rWdX4vt4BG5oCsYNpzyejp6sNHzu0OCnQ1fVA6IKcNXeuZLdFZ1T5HA6YaccD1WxErsU0rnwbfqXPJFmM2uw_VAo8feaSxnwFswKW-M50=>
and
please  donate generously<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1103596271521&s=3028&e=001Z7rWdX4vt4ChRwj0X4u3gVsrlIMX4cshci63yY5ZCLILXIMAXnVPW5IdWF14mpalGsStW7uQgBPaH3JpfkbwNlN4mCGL5rd2PBxJZaM7X8ddw3zPMUWFXPYjkmQuob0xUZ145dYMdKcJ6hZTyJ0CbAguYlmHZP0f>towards
Pakistan Flood Relief Fund.

-HHRD Team

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Research Study looking for Atlantan Muslims

Salaam, I hope you are in peace and good health. My name is Shehnaz Haqqani,
and I'm a Middle Eastern and South Asian Studies student at Emory
University.

Well, I'm involved in a research on Muslims in America (their involvement in
community, their experiences, their frustrations, their thoughts, their
*voice*), as an attempt to let them speak for themselves instead of
always/often being spoken FOR. The project is a part of a larger study being
conducted by Dr. Abdullahi Ahmed An-Na'im, author of The Future of Sharia
and law professor at Emory Law School.

The focus of the study is to give equal attention and voice to ALL types of
Muslims, or at least as many as time would permit us, regardless of their
ethnicity, race, gender, educational background, madhab, sects, etc., etc.