THIS EMAIL INCLUDES:

1. University Halal Services Survey
2. ALIM Summer Course
3. House for rent
4. Malaysia
5. RIS: Reviving the Islamic Spirit Conference
6. Deparment of Homeland Security Outreach Program
7. HajjPros.com
8. Housing Listing

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.
Asalaam Alaikum.
I am contacting you with regards to a College/University Halal Services Survey that my organization is conducting. The results of this survey will be used in educational seminars across the country, starting with a Halal Education Session during the National Restaurant Association Show in May 2010.  The main agenda of this survey is to gauge the level of interest and demand for halal meal services/options in universities and colleges.
Here is a little bit of information about the Islamic Food and Nutrition Council of America (IFANCA). We have been working very hard for the past 30 years to collaborate with the mainstream food industry to  make their products halal. To date we have worked with nearly 2,200 companies and established halal certification for nearly 22,000 products. Now, we are implementing educational programs to convince the US food industry on the benefits of providing these halal products to the America-Muslim consumer; instead of just focusing on exports. To my knowledge, no formal collection of data on US halal food needs has ever taken place. We hope this survey will help to fill some of the missing information

Here is the link to the survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/S83WMFG

There are only 6 questions, which take a total of 5 minutes of your time. Please let me know if you are interested.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Maria Omar

Director of Media Relations
Islamic Food and Nutrition Council of America (IFANCA)
5901 N. Cicero Ave., Suite 309,
Chicago, IL 60646
Direct: +1-773-283-3708 EXT: 222
Phone: +1-773-283-3708
Fax: +1-773-283-3973
Email:
Web: www.ifanca.org
Blog: www.ifanca.wordpress.com
Twitter: www.twitter.com/ifanca

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.
alim final logo
American Learning Institute for Muslims Summer Islamic Studies Program

July 11 to August 7, 2010
 Madonna University- Livonia, Michigan
Courses Include
Month Year
Comparative Religion
An overview of the similarities and differences between Islam and several other religions.
Contemporary Issues
An in-depth look at issues facing Muslims today and the different perspectives available.
Islam and America
An overview of the situation and position of Muslims in America today.
Diseases of the Heart
The objective of this study is to provide guidelines to how a Muslim can purify his heart from the destructive diseases and to emphasize the role of a pure heart in maintaining upright character.
Islam and Modernity
The period covering colonialism and beyond and the new issues that the Muslim world faced during this period.
History of the Khulafa
This session will focus on incidents of interest as well as controversial points in the history of the khulafa.
Fiqh
An overview of basic fiqh. It will generally cover the fiqh of things such as Salat, Wudu, Zakat, Saum, etc.
Usul al-Fiqh
This introduction into the science of jurisprudence is an attempt to explain to the students the overall juristic task, and the requirements for becoming, what in Islamic law is called, a faqih or jurist. The emphasis therefore, is on the methodology for determining proofs for such laws.
Confirmed Scholars

Dr. S. Abd al Hakim Jackson
Imam Muneer Fareed
Sheikh Ali Sulaiman Ali
Imam Mohamed Magid
and more to come!

Past Scholars Include:
Dr. Umar Faruq Abd-Allah
Shaykh Abdallah Adhami
Dr. Ingrid Mattson
Dr. Sulayman Nyang
Dr. Tariq Ramadan
Imam Zaid Shakir
Imam Siraj Wahhaj
Student Reflections

"ALIM has opened my eyes to the breathtaking simplicities and complexities of Islam. The scholars took me on a ride that shook me right down to the core, and addressed concerns that I always fought with. All my life I walked around with the troubling notion that my deen was to be accepted without question. This program has made me realize that analyzing and criticizing is a stapling component of our faith. The scholars addressed concerns that I had, and instead of throwing them away as useless; they validated them and delivered coherent answers. The main scholars, Imam Fareed, Sheikh Ali, and Dr. Jackson, threw my deen into the air, ripped it to shreds, and sewed it back together again."
- Isbah Raja, ALIM 2007

REGISTER NOW: www.alimprogram.com

For More Information
Phone:
Hammad Suhaib (313) 595-6851
Farah Naz (573) 356-5811
Email:

Find us on:

Early Registration and Scholarships
Early Registration ends May 1st, 2010. Register now and save up to $200. If you are in need of financial assistance, ALIM offers scholarships which can be found on the Summer Registration page.

Safe Unsubscribe
This email was sent to you by [log in to unmask].
American Learning Institute for Muslims | ALIM | 364 Belvedere | Canton | MI | 48188
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.

For Rent

Beautiful 5 BR/2.5 BATH House near GSU/Turner Field/Grant Park

A Beautiful 3 storey house is located right by Turner Field and Grant park. This has has hardwood floors, stainless still appliances, finished attic with Game/Multimedia rooms. There is also a bonus room which can be used for office space.

No pets will be allowed

Location: Summerhill.

Snapshot

Bdrms:

Baths:

Sq Ft:

Interior:

Exterior:

Price:

5

2.5

1900

Hardwood

Frame

$1600

Contact Us:

678-478-9709

  • This charming house is walking distance from Turner Field.

  • Very close to downtown, Grant Park and I-85/75.

  • Close to Georgia State University.

  • This house is in a great and quiet neighborhood.

  • There is a deck in the backyard.

  • There are 3 bedrooms on the second floor with one bonus room and there are 2 more bedrooms on the third floor.

    Application Fee: $45
    Security Deposit: One month rent
    Move in Special: $200 Off, first month's rent.

    Additional pictures can be seen at
    http://picasaweb.google.com/yamin.chowdhury/74Richardson#/

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     4.
    Muslim Study Abroad's 10th annual program. Study at the International Islamic University of Malaysia 31 May 2010 - 26 June 2010 and study the following:

    Arabic 1001 (beginners) or Arabic 2001 (Intermediate)
    Ulum al-Qur'an: Sciences of Qur'an
    Al-Madkhal ila al-Fiqh: Introduction to Fiqh
    Fiqh al-Sirah: Reflections on Prophetic History
    Advanced Tilawah Al Quran 1
    Ulum al-Hadith

    The total cost of the trip is USD $1,499.00 (excluding airfare), or USD $2,499.00 (Including airfare from NY or LA) and it is inclusive of the following:

    Accommodation - Individual rooms with air conditiong, toilets, hot water, high speed internet
    Tuition
    Orientation
    Rotational Classes
    Two Recreational Trips

    Visit
    http://www.facebook.com/l/f7ec8;www.muslimstudyabroad.com for more details
    email us at
    5.

    Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh, Dearest Brothers and Sisters,
    We pray that we reach you in the highest state of health and imaan.
    The first Reviving the Islamic Spirit (RIS) US convention will take place in California from May 29-31, 2010 at the Long Beach Convention Center inshallah.
    Leading intellectuals, professors and community workers will also address the audience, including Hamza Yusuf, founder of America's first Muslim college, Imam Siraj Wahhaj, Dr. Bruno Guiderdoni and Ambassador Atalla Shabazz, daughter of Malcolm X. Attendees are expected from across the United States.
    You can register either
    online or at the door all three days inshaAllah.
    Regards, RIS Organizing Team
    www.revivingtheislamicspirit.com

    6.

    My colleague Grace Carroll and I have been to the Atlanta area twice. In February, we met with a number of community leaders to introduce the project. In March, we met with additional leaders and conducted our first focus group of African American Muslim women over 25 years old. We will be returning to conduct two more focus groups on Saturday, April 24th: one comprised of East African Muslim immigrant men over 25 years old, and one for South Asian Muslim youth, male and female, ages 18-25. Our goal with these focus groups is to get the opinions and suggestions of everyday individuals. If you know of any individuals who would be interested in participating in our focus group---and getting compensated for it---please don't hesitate to contact me. We seek 10-12 participants for each group.

     DHS.png

    Thank you,
    Jill Rhodes, Aguirre Division, JBS International, Inc. 5515 Security Lane, Suite 800 North Bethesda, MD 20852 240-645-4593 [log in to unmask]

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    7.

    Deadline Approaching May 1st~Islamic Community please assist in honoring a sacred journey

    Bismillah Hir Rahman Nir Rahim

    I hope this letter finds you in good health and prosperity.  I would like to thank you all so much for assisting me in taking my mother on Umrah this year... June 2010. (Letter below)  I am truly humbled by your love, concern and generosity. Please email me your prayers to pray for you in Al-Masjid Al- Haram, InshaAllah. (even if you were not able to donate-Allah (swt) is so merciful.)  Well, so far (to keep you up to date) we have reached $3,100.00 of the $5,000.00 needed for the sacred journey.  All we need now is $1900.00.  I know times are tough for everyone, so if you are able to and feeling a little generous, please donate even if it's a $1, $10 or more, our deadline to have the monies turned in is May 1st.  The Free Hajj Program that some of you sent to me unfortunately ended 5 years ago.  So, thank you all soooo very much for your love and support.  May Allah (swt) truly bless you.  Thank you.

    Here is a link to Hajj Pros website http://www.hajjpros .com so you can see the journey of a lifetime we are taking, InshaAllah.

    There are 2 ways to donate:

    If you choose, you may give your donation directly to Iman Sulaimaan Hamed of the Atlanta Masjid.  He is our tour guide and will accept donations. (please let him know who it is for). His address and contact information is below.

    Or if you would like to donate through Paypal please click on the following link...

    PAYPAL:

    https://www. paypal.com/ cgi-bin/webscr? cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_ id=KCQU76EHKBE48

    Prayers for you...

    Thank you again so much...And as an appreciation of my gratitude, if you are in need of any prayers to be prayed for you or your family, please email them to me at mymothersdream@ yahoo.com

    Professional Hajj & Umrah Guides, LLC

    Sulaimaan Hamed or Shahidah Sharif
    Phone: (770) 905-2102

    Or Email us: [log in to unmask]" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]