Assalamualaikum,

I hope this email reaches you all in the best of health and iman.

Insha'Allah, the 7th annual UNC MSA Sportsfest will be held on January 16th and 17th, 2010 (MLK Weekend) in Chapel Hill, NC. There will be a 5v5 basketball tournament on Saturday and a 7v7 flag football tournament on Sunday.

We plan to have official referees for both sports. A portion of the proceeds will go towards supporting the UNC MSA, and the remainder will be donated to an organization that helps fund the education of underprivileged Muslim women in Zanzibar. Last year, through our donation, we were able to help fund the ENTIRE secondary education of one woman!

The deadline to register is by midnight on JANUARY 9th, 2010. Spots will be filled quickly, so register as early as possible!

Please visit ***http://www.uncmsa.org/sportsfest/*** for more information and help spread the word to your respective MSA's and to any MUSLIMS whom you think may be interested.  Feel free to contact myself or Relwan Onikoyi ([log in to unmask]) personally if you have any questions.  If possible, please send this message over your respective MSA listserves!

JAK and Walaikumsalaam,
Sana Khan
President
UNC MSA