SWIG Archives

Software Interest Group

SWIG@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

From:
Michael Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Software Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2011 13:13:02 -0400
On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 04:36:43PM +0000, Sajiya Jalil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can any one tell me if python has been installed once ./python executable is
> created? The read me file says to type 'make install' next. But, I get
> 'permission denied' with that command.
>

> Sajiya Jalil
> Ph.D. candidate, Bioinformatics
> Department of Mathematics & Statistics
> Georgia State Univerisity
> COE 750, 30 Pryor St
> Atlanta GA 30303
> 404-884-8110
> www.student.gsu.edu/~sjalil1

Hi Sajiya,

Sounds like you are installing from source.  Is there a reason you
are not using the official ubuntu package?

Anyway you would need root access to install anything.  Try:

sudo make install

It will ask for a password.  If it is your personal machine your own
password should work.  If it is a department machine it might not
accept your password, in which case you will have to talk to whoever
admins that machine.

Regards,

--
Michael Stewart