SWIG Archives

Software Interest Group

SWIG@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

From:
Predrag Punosevac <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
software interest group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 23:04:10 -0500
Rob Clewley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> All this is good to hear, though, and those talks sound great. Maybe
> this can be a chance to share some more knowledge with CS - we don't
> see them very often and it would be good to build new bridges.
>
> One suggestion about making it easy to add to the pages. Is it a smart
> idea to suggest sending you html for basic material, and then you can
> drop it into your preferred format and link to it from the front page?

For a simple text content you can just send me the text and I will add
it to a web-page. For something more serious like a piece of code or a
PDF document you would have to e-mail an attachment via private mail
or even better put me a link to the content. For instance this is my
proposal for the mini course in LaTeX that I would like to deliver

http://www2.gsu.edu/~matpxp/SwIG/tex-course-proposal.pdf

Actually old school people probably would find the second option
preferable to e-mail attachments.

> I don't foresee trying to do any fancy styling of the information that
> I'd post there. _Maybe_ add a picture or two. But it will be primarily
> text and hyperlinks.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob

Cheers,