SWIG Archives

Software Interest Group

SWIG@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

From:
Predrag Punosevac <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
software interest group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 22:02:28 -0500
Dear All,

I just want personally to thank everyone for subscribing to this list.
As of know the list has 15 subscribers. To my great disappointment there
are still no graduate students subscribed to the list. As you probably
know I started building a web-site for SwIG

http://www2.gsu.edu/~matpxp/SwIG/swig.html

and I will start putting some documentation shortly. It is the first
week of the semester and it is probably premature to talk about
organization meeting but Mrs. Sharon Collins should probably plan to
talk about the department computing resources within next 2 weeks:-)

It is my great pleasure to announce that we have people from other
departments. Mr. Art Vandenberg the director of Research, Strategic
Alignment, Information Systems & Technology at Georgia State University
is also among us and would probably have to talk soon about Virtual
Computing Lab http://vcl.ncsu.edu/ and SURAgrid cyberinfrastructure
initiative.

We also have subscribers from Computer Science department. I am
hopping to get Physics people on the board as well as some old friends
from GeTech. Late next week I will send an e-mail with the update on
number of subscribers.

Sincerely,
Predrag Punosevac

P.S. I just want to let everyone know couple technical details about
the list. This is:

1. Public list (anybody can subscribe);
2. Un-moderated (I got sick of censure in Serbia);
3. It is achieved on the net (means anybody with a web-browser can find
your posts);
4. The attachments will be striped (typical security measure for public
lists);