SWIG Archives

Software Interest Group

SWIG@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

From:
Predrag Punosevac <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Software Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 2010 23:20:25 -0500
Dear All,

I just updated documentation with the slides of Miss He.

http://www2.gsu.edu/~matpxp/SwIG/Documentation/programming.html

Also the main site is updated as well.

http://www2.gsu.edu/~matpxp/SwIG/swig.html

If there are no objections the next speakers will be Dr. Bree Ettinger.
The title of her talk is "LaTeX for Absolute Beginners". She will
describe the use of LaTeX on Windows platform from the moment you decide
to install TeX up to the point when you create your first document.

She will show you how to properly install MikTeX on Windows platform and
configure WinED. We will also describe installation of TeXLive on
Windows platform via Cygwin for people who want to use the official TeX
distribution for Unix on their machines (even though there are no real
reasons to use anything else except official TeX distribution for
windows called MikTeX).

Note. The use of TeX on other platforms will NOT be discussed. We want
to accommodate absolute beginners. If you want to use TeX on OS X,
Linux, Solaris, or *BSD please contact me personally.

Her talk will be scheduled for the first week after the Spring Break if
there is no Applied math seminar or the second week after the Spring
Break if there is a conflict with Applied Math. It seems that Wednesday
3:00 PM works better than Friday 1:00PM so we will try to schedule the
rest of the talks for the spring semester on Wednesdays.

I hope you have great weekend.

Predrag Punosevac