SWIG Archives

Software Interest Group

SWIG@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

From:
Predrag Punosevac <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Software Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 22:16:02 -0400
Hi,

Firstly, I would like to apologize to Dr. Tuwaner Lamar and
Dr. Smirnova for missing today's applied Math talk. I was hosting two
visitors for Boston so I had two places problem.

I was also asked by Dr. Bree to postpone her "Introduction to LaTeX"
talk due to the fact that she is invited to give a talk next week at one
of local universities. That leaves us without a speaker for next SwIG
meeting unless somebody wants to volunteer. Does anyone wants to talk
next week? What do people want to see?

If there are no other volunteers, I would be willing to give a talk.
A few people asked me about Powerdot LaTeX class of presentations as
well as few tricks which easily can be done with hyperref package like

1. Embedding videos on slides.
2. Hyperref content and navigation

People would also like to see overlayer on pictures (something like
discreate time snapshots of the vector-field).

In order for me to systematically explain above things I will have to
spend about 20 minutes on importing graphics into TeX (MetaPost/Axiom,
PostScript/PSTricks, and TikZ/PGF) as well as 5 minutes discussing
various LaTeX presentation tools

Slide TeX, Foil TeX as well as

Seminar-->Prosper-->Powerdot

and

TikZ/PGF-->Beamer

linage-s.

I have to give you a prior warning if you want to see this talk. The
talk will not be of introductory nature and will assume working
knowledge of TeX/LaTe typical for the research mathematician.
However, the talk is not going to be dry but rather consists of bunch of
examples. I would distribute code immediately after the talk so that
people can start using tricks that they saw.

Sincerely,
Predrag Punosevac