SWIG Archives

Software Interest Group

SWIG@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

From:
Predrag Punosevac <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Software Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 2010 01:00:48 -0400
Hi Guys,

I am so happy that SwIG is alive and well at GSU. I hope you will forgive me for
betraying you and moving down to Augusta State.

http://www.aug.edu/mcs/

I have already a few small gigs going on but I need your help with the
weekly department seminar. The seminar is general character (colloquium type) as
we have mishmash department with no critical mass of people interested in any particular
area of mathematics. It meets usually on Friday at 1:00 PM but we have some flexibility and
could at least reschedule for 3:00 PM even for the other day. I would like some of you (Andrey,
Igor, Rob, Mike, Vladimir or your students) to come down there and give talks. We will probably
at least be able to reimburse you for gas money and provide you with a free lunch.

In particular Andrey and Rob could also talk after the seminar about newly established
Neuroscience Institute at GSU and the opportunities for graduate studies at GSU for the
students of Augusta State. The same goes for Mike or the new director of graduate studies at
math department who could talk about GSU opportunities for graduate studies.
It is a win-win situation for both places our students will get opportunity for graduate studies
and you will be able to recruit some domestic students for your graduate program for which
we could provide with the detailed background information.

We have also good relations with people at the University of South Carolina Aiken so they will
definitely come to seminar as well as their students. You should also expect to see people
from Medical College of Georgia.

Cheers,
Predrag Punosevac

P.S. The SwIG web-site is still up but little bit neglected http://www2.gsu.edu/~matpxp/SwIG/swig.html
as I am no longer in Atlanta. It would be very good if one of Grad Students take it over. I already
reactivated the Computer Machinery Users' Group at AUG so people (graduate students in particular)
are welcome to give computer related talks as well.