SWIG Archives

Software Interest Group

SWIG@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

From:
Predrag Punosevac <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Software Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2010 00:48:45 -0400
Dear All,

I updated the web-site

http://www2.gsu.edu/~matpxp/SwIG/swig.html

with the slides and snippets of code kindly provided by Dr. Michael
Stewart from his "Haskell for Mathematical Programming" talk. Slides are
bit small so you will have to magnify them or to ask Dr. Stewart to send
me bigger.

I also posted titles of two new talks that we might have over the
summer if there is enough interest.

One is "Python for MATLAB Users" by Robert Clewley which I want to see
before you guys kick me out from GSU. Robert please, please...

Another one is "Grade Book Made Easy with AWK" which I volunteer to
give. That is an old school Unix look on using simple spread-sheet data
base to keep the grades of your students. It is also indented to
irritate the bones out of Excel users:-)

This is also a good time for some graduate students to start thinking
about taking over SwIG web-site and mailing list from me since it looks
like I will not be at GSU much longer. SwIG seminar would be a good
opportunity for them to learn how to run a seminar and have some fun.

Sincerely,
Predrag Punosevac