PIS Archives

PIs of sponsored projects

PIS@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
PIs of sponsored projects <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Monica Haavisto Swahn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2011 21:07:47 +0000
From the Office of the Associate Vice President for Research:

Dear Colleagues,

Allow me to introduce myself to those of you who I have not met.  I started in this post at GSU just over a month ago.  In this position, I will be managing faculty support for research-related issues, including Limited Submission grant proposals and the GSU internal training and grants program and special research initiatives, to name a few.

As you have probably already heard from the VP for Research & Economic Development, one of our top priorities is customer service to our research community.  To know how we can better serve you, we need your input.  Therefore, I welcome your questions, comments and feedback.

Let me also take this opportunity to remind you that if you are planning to submit a proposal for any Limited Submission grant program (eg. NIH, NSF, HHMI, etc.), please contact me as soon as possible.  All Limited Submissions must come through my office to ensure that we do not plan to submit more proposals than the funding agency is willing to accept from GSU. If we have more proposals planned than the agency will allow, we will need to do an internal review to ensure that the most qualified applications may be submitted from GSU and to limit the time PIs spend preparing an application that cannot be submitted because of the funding agency's limited submission policy.  Please see our Limited Submission Policy<http://www.gsu.edu/research/manuals.html> located on our Polices and Procedures webpage under University Research Services & Administration and please contact me if you have any questions about this process.

I look forward to meeting those of you I have not yet met, and to serve you in my new role.

Very sincerely,

Monica H. Swahn, Ph.D.
Associate VP for Research
404-413-1148