MSA Archives

MSA@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Mailing list for the Muslim Student Association at GSU <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2012 10:40:06 -0400
[image: Inline image 1]
In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
We pray this message reaches you in the best of health and faith!

*Donate Items to Atl Women's Shelter **[NOW in the Prayer Room]*
*[image: Inline image 2]
*
**

Clean out your closet and make your mom happy. As you are spring cleaning,
sort through any new or gently used items listed below. A donation box will
be set up in the Prayer Room after the break. *If you would like to earn
community service points for your donation, please let us know!* Questions
or Concerns? Please contact Sara Khan <[log in to unmask]> or Madiha
Abid <[log in to unmask]> Members who participate in at least 3
community service events will receive a special gift at the end of the
semester. Make sure to contact us to verify your participation. If there is
no record of your participation you will NOT receive the special gift, NO
EXCEPTIONS-- Thank you.

Diapers (sizes 4-6), wipes, formula, shampoo, lotion, powder, diaper rash
cream, hand sanitizer, seasonal clothing in ONLY plus size, Payless Shoe
Store giftcards, women and kids' athletic shoes and socks, new
undergarments, large reusable bags, rolling bags, travel sized toiletries,
feminine hygiene products, household cleaning items, laundry cleaning
items, blankets, coffee, sugar, powder or canned creamer, cereal, school
supplies, backpacks, TI-89 Calculators.

*MSA Elections: Nominations and Voting **[starting April 1, 2012]
*
*[image: Inline image 1]*

Do you know someone in MSA who would be interested in being the nextů
Brother's Vice President
Sister's Vice President
Public Relations (2 people)
Brother's Social/Sports Coordinator
Sister's Social/Sports Coordinator
*The current Executive Board, as a whole, will determine the next Treasurer
and President (according to Article V of the MSA Constitution).

Nominations will run from April 1, 2012 to April 15, 2012. The nominated
person will be contacted to accept or reject the nomination within 5 days
of the nomination. *Nomination form:
here<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGVXU0tndjFkYmZUTkRybzY3elZ2dkE6MQ#gid=0>
*Voting will run April 16, 2012 to April 30, 2012. Any evidence of
campaigning once a nominee has accepted a nomination will render your
nomination void. Winners will be announced through the mailing list in May
2012.
-Do not nominate the same person for more than one position.
-You may only submit one nomination form.
-Violation of any of any of these rules will render your nomination(s) void.
Other available MSA positions include: Print Media Liaison, T-Shirt
Coordinator, Interfaith Council Rep, Decorations, and more. Email us at
[log in to unmask] with the position in the subject line for more
information.

*MSA Retreat** **[April 15, All day, Ocoee River Tennessee]*

[image: Inline image 2]
Catch a chance at early season high water on the river with your MSA
friends! This ever popular, never-boring, class 4 river offers constant
action and waves. Join us for an epic full day middle-trip on the Ococee
River in Tennessee with a *special guest speaker*. The ability to swim is
recommended and 15 seats are available paid in full by MSA. First come
first serve for SUNDAY, April 15 including transportation guide equipment
and lunch. Sign up
here<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dHZsVFUtVTdYVjdvdnk4SDgwaURmSHc6MQ>
*
*
*
*
*East Zone Conference Transportation **[April 20-22, Washington DC]*
*[image: Inline image 3]
*
Our MSA will be renting two vans to drive to the MSA East Zone Conference
for the weekend of April 20-22 at GW University. The van is free, gas will
be split between the people in each van, and the conference is $30. The van
is not limited to GSU MSA members only. For more information about the
conference, click here <http://www.facebook.com/events/327670953933830/> and
to sign up for the van, please fill out this
form<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dE9rT2lLU2hFNXJBUk5UdHBVZnk3bWc6MQ>
.

*Message from our NEW MSA Advisor, Ms. Anita Husen** **[starting Monday
March 6 in the Prayer Room]*
[image: Inline image 4]
As-salaam alaikum MSA community of GSU!

As your new faculty advisor, I would like to express my gratitude to the
outgoing president and soon-to-be alumna Safia Ansari for this opportunity
to work with you all in representing Muslims at GSU and representing GSU
for the greater Atlanta area.

Last fall I started at GSU as an Arabic instructor in the Middle East
Institute. I was born in Minneapolis, a child of Pakistani immigrants. Like
many of my students, I started formal study of Arabic as an undergraduate,
and Arabic has become my life's passion and vocation ever since.

I look forward to helping MSA collaborate with other organizations and
communities, both on campus and off, in order to broaden MSA's impact and
audience. And in the process of realizing this vision, I look forward to
getting to know each of you both as students as well as sisters and
brothers in faith.

My office is in the 34 Peachtree building, suite 2019 and my (virtual) door
is always open, so feel free to contact me at [log in to unmask] with any
questions or concerns.

Did you read this email? The first person to reply with their Panther ID #
and name gets waived dues for this semester!