MSA Archives

MSA@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

Wed, 30 Nov 2011 22:15:43 -0500
[image: bismillah.jpg]

Asalaamu'Alaikum wa Rahmatullah dear MSA Community!

As the semester slowly comes to an end, we pray that everyone does well on
their exams/papers and ends the semester in the best way possible! *Attached
* to this email are various *supplications or dua's for studying*.

As mentioned in the previous email, the *foot washing basins* in the
restrooms on the *4th floor of the University Center* are now operational.
The university is working on more and they will try calibrating the
sensors. *Please use flip-flops* to ensure less mess. *Benches* should stay
on the *inner wall*. If you move them, please move them back.

May Allah help you all with your finals.

Walaikum Salam,

GSU-MSA

[image: Footsink.jpg]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS:

1.       1. Pakistan Floods 2011 Fundraising Dinner at Global Mall on Dec 3
rd at 6pm.

2.       2. AL-Falah Academy Fundraising Dinner December 11 at 5:00 PM

3.       3. AMYP Islamic Financing Seminar at Georgia Tech on Dec 3rd at
10am

4.       4. Sisters’ Volunteer Abroad opportunity. Application Deadline Dec
1st

5.       5. Examkrackers Winter / Spring MCAT Courses starting Feb 18th and
Mar 18th

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Pakistan Floods Fundraising Dinner

[image: helpinghandspakistanfloods2011.jpg]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Al Falah Academy Fundraising Dinner

[image: alfalah flyer.jpg]

AL-Falah Academy, a private full-time Islamic School in Metro Atlanta GA
area, strives towards excellence in Academic and Islamic education in a
creative and nurturing environment. AL-Falah concerted effort to develop
the student towards excelling in academia and social etiquette, necessary
to be successful in this world and hereafter.  Established in 2010, the
school has already grown to 105 students with a dedicated staff of 15,
experienced and qualified with most of them certified by state of Georgia.

AL-Falah Academy, as a community school, has maintained an affordable
tuition fee to encourage parents of various income strata to take advantage
of an Islamic School with high Academic goals. Alhamdulil’lah with the
blessing of Allah in the form of active community participation, AL-Falah
has been able to ensure quality is not compromised.

Alhamdulil'lah AL-Falah Academy, true to its name, has been greatly
successful in its goal of excellence. This is evident with Al-Falah having
achieved in the first year itself: high ITBS student results,
recommendation for Accreditation with Quality, fully licensed by Georgia's
Bright from Start and high commendations from educators and national
scholars that have visited the school.

In an effort to make quality Islamic education affordable, Al-Falah Academy
offers discounted fees to over 30% of students, requiring raising funds.
Please see the attached flyer for more details on the upcoming fundraising
dinner on December 11th at 5:00 PM. While donating to AL-Falah Academy is a
Sadaqa Jaria (perpetual charity), it’s also tax deductible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. AMYP Financial Planning Seminar

As you may have heard, AMYP is hosting a financial planning seminar.  The
goal of the seminar is to teach the community what are halal investments
and Islamic financing options available to us, as well as smart money
strategies.  We have invited two expert keynote speakers for this event:
 Monem Salam and Hud Williams.  Insha'Allah, I hope you could do us the
kind favor and share this event with your network, organization, Masjid,
friends, and family.  Please let Shahrukh (president of AMYP) or I know if
you have any questions or if we can provide you with additional
information.  Jazzakh Allahu Khairun for the consideration.

-Zohra Kamal

AMYP Vice President

[image: AMYP Seminar.jpg]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Sisters’ Volunteer Abroad Opportunity

[image: Volunteer.jpg]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5.  Examkrackers Winter / Spring MCAT Announcements

EXAMKRACKERS nine week Spring comprehensive MCAT course starts February
18th in Atlanta with 3 locations!!

Make sure to enroll BEFORE DEC 07, 2011 to save $150 off the regular course
rate!

This course is intense. The Comprehensive Review runs for 9 weeks and
covers absolutely everything on the MCAT. It includes two 4-hour classes
each week and 7 full length simulated CBT (computed based test) MCATs.
Although classes are 4 hours, lectures are only 50 minutes.  A class
lecture is followed by a 10 minute break, a 30 minute practice exam in the
MCAT format, and a complete review of that exam. Compare this to our
competitors: 3-hour lectures, little or no in-class testing, and little or
no review. Our format will keep you awake, familiarize you with how the
MCAT tests the science, and show you the fastest way to get to the answer.
Prep with EK and prep with the best!!

Emory University Location - Monday / Wednesday 6-10pm

Web Calendar Link:
http://examkrackers.com/MCAT/MCAT-course-schedule.aspx?id=490

Ga Tech Location - Tuesday / Thursday 6-10pm

Web Calendar Link:
http://examkrackers.com/MCAT/MCAT-course-schedule.aspx?id=491

Kennesaw State University Location - Monday / Wednesday 6-10pm

Web Calendar Link:
http://examkrackers.com/MCAT/MCAT-course-schedule.aspx?id=492

Make sure to enroll BEFORE DEC 07, 2011 to save $150 off the regular course
rate!

(Visit www.examkrackers.com for more detailed information about course
locations or to enroll)

Do you think you need more work that the regular 9 week course can offer...

The MCAT EXTRA Course is being offered in Atlanta starting March 18th for
those preparing for an August 2012 MCAT Test Date or later.

This is an extended course for the student who has noticeable weak areas.
For most students, the Comprehensive Review is not just enough; it is, for
most, the best way to prepare. The MCAT Extra includes the Comprehensive
Review (enrolled students receive the Summer Regular Course with enrollment
as well and the schedule rolls right into our Summer posted schedules),
plus nine 3-hour sessions in a small class setting (8 students max but
usually fewer). Only our best instructors earn the right to teach the MCAT
Extra. They are certainly among the best instructors in the country. The
class is tailored to the small student body. The focus is to improve
specific areas before assimilation into the Comprehensive Review. No
attempt is made to cover everything on the MCAT before the Comprehensive
Review.

MCAT Extra - Atlanta (Emory) Location -

Web Calendar Link:
http://examkrackers.com/MCAT/MCAT-course-schedule.aspx?id=635

For more information or to enroll please visit www.examkrackers.com

Or , as always, feel free to give me a call or email!

Janis Stott
EXAMKRACKERS - www.examkrackers.com
Southeast Regional Coordinator
(386) 864-1245