MSA Archives

MSA@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2012 10:21:19 -0500
text/plain (5 kB) , text/html (10 kB) , Children of Syria.jpg (59 kB) , bismillah.jpg (12 kB) , complicated.jpg (55 kB) , The 99 Flier.jpg (43 kB) , Sila flyer.png (467 kB)
[image: Inline image 5]

*Semi-Monthly Hadith*

Abu Malik Al-Ash`ari (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The
Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: "Wudu' is half the Iman.''[Muslim].

Assalamu Alaikum Dear MSA-ers,

Alhamdulillah! The Thanksgiving break approaches. As we take a breather
from our seemingly never-ending academic efforts, let us take a moment to
thank Allah (SWT) for the bounties he has bestowed upon us. Furthermore, as
the end of the semester approaches, we would like to thank everyone who
came out to our Halaqas, Jumuahs, Interfaith events and supported us all
the way. We wish all the very best in all your endeavors and ask Allah
(SWT) to fill your life with even more bounties and prosperity.

*I)      **Youtube Videos*

We have three new youtube videos for you this month (links given below).
Please check them out. Do not forget to subscribe to us and like the
videos.

Islamic Cultural Fair Slideshow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0G8jfqsQ64&feature=g-upl

Children of Abraham Slideshow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW7nl0Q-aL4&feature=g-upl

Jumuah Khutba: Life of No’man bin Thabit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP1ux2K8d_E&feature=g-upl

COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS

1.       Complicated? Women’s Modern Fiqh on Nov. 16-18th at Georgia Tech

2.       AUSACE Conference 2012

3.       Syria Rally

4.       Sila Retreat

*1.    **Complicated? Women’s Modern Fiqh*

The number one most complicated matter in regards to women is the Fiqh of
Women. But it doesn’t have to be. AlMaghrib Institute introduces a
well-deserved and long-awaited seminar dedicated to the Muslim Woman.

Go here for more details: http://qsalaam.org/?p=939

 [image: Inline image 4]

*2.    **AUSACE Conference 2012***

This is a conference on Arab journalism and communication that will take
place from Nov 16 – 19 at Georgia State University. As part of the
conference, we'll be showing the film "Wam! Bam! Islam!" and having a panel
discussion.  We're also looking for student volunteers for the conference.
Volunteering at this event is a great opportunity to build connections from
around the world, especially for students studying journalism, media,
communications, political science, international relations, and Arabic.
Please email Matt Duffy at  [log in to unmask]  if interested. We'll have
about 50 Arabic scholars visiting from around the world. For more
information, visit: www.ausace2012.com

 [image: Inline image 3]

*3.    **Walk for the Children of Syria*

We're back and we're stronger than ever before. Who are we? We are the
voices of the innocent children tortured, raped, and murdered. We are the
voices of the children who cannot find medical support to remove the
bullets from their dying bodies. We are the voices of the children in
refugee camps who are freezing in the middle of empty land, waiting to go
back home.

We are their voice.

Join us for our Second Walk for the Children of Syria - taking place
worldwide - where we will walk from across the CNN Center to Woodruff Park
and back in support of the Syrian children. A flash mob will also be taking
place.

Support this cause because it's worth supporting. Become a source of hope
for the suffering Syrian children. Pave the road for their future… A safe,
liberated future.

If you have any questions... call 678-900-9020, email [log in to unmask] or
message anyone of us on facebook!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/291077150998702/

 [image: Inline image 2]

*4. SILA Retreat*

Announcing a women's spiritual retreat in Tampa, Florida, January 2-3. Many
people ask where are all the women scholars in Islam. Alhamduillah, an
opportunity has arrived to study with highly-qualified female teachers.

Apply now as the event will fill up quickly! For more information, contact
Zaynab Ansari at [log in to unmask]

[image: Inline image 1]

--
Visit us at GSUMSA.com! Be sure to register with the MSA on OrgSync! Only
registered members receive the code to the prayer room located at

The MSA at GSU is now on Twitter and YouTube! Follow us on Twitter @GSU_MSA
and we'll follow you back insha'Allah!
Subscribe to us on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSAatGSU
And join our Facebook group at: http://www.facebook.com/groups/2201839796/

Unsubscribe: If you would like to be removed from the MSA mailing list,

Did you read this email? The first person to reply with their Panther ID #
and name gets waived dues for this semester! (Newsletters only)