MSA Archives

MSA@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

Date:
Sun, 22 Jan 2012 21:11:14 -0500
[image: bismillah.jpg]

Assalamu Alaikum Fellow MSA'ers

Hope your semester started off well. We have some fun activities lined up
for you this semester.

Insha-Allah, we will be *starting* our bi-weekly* Halaqas* from this *Tuesday
the 24th*. They will take place in the* Arts and Humanities* Building
in*rooms 320 (brothers) and 327 (sisters) at 12:15 - 1pm every Tuesday
and
Thursday*.

In addition, we will have a *Bake Sale* going on at the *library plaza
Monday - Thursday* this week (*Jan 23 - 26*) and the next (*Jan 30 - Feb 2*)
from *12 - 2:30pm* (See attached Flyer). For questions or to sign up for a
shift at the table and/or to bring a baked good please contact either: Sara
Khan @[log in to unmask] OR Madiha Abid @ [log in to unmask]

Last but not least, we have the *Fast-A-Thon* coming up on *March 6th*, as
well as *game nights* coming up on *Feb 16 (sisters)* and *Mar 29 (brothers)
*. We will send out updates on these events later. If you have questions,
comments, suggestions or other activity ideas, please email us.

Walaikum Salaam,

- GSU MSA

[image: 1. Bake Sale for MSA Members.jpg]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS

1. Studio apartment available for rent in Buckhead.
2. Poetry Event on Friday Jan 27th at 7pm at Morehouse College (Kilgore
Hall).
3. Full-time teacher wanted at the school for Qur'an Memorization (Hifz).
Tentative salary = $20/hour.
4. Volunteer Opportunity in India or Morocco this summer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Studio apartment available for rent in Buckhead.

Asalaamu alaykum,

I'm looking to sublet my place for one to two months.... Rent is under 1k/
month and in a very safe and secure neighborhood, off of 25th and
Peachtree.

Very large studio (677 sq ft), gets lots of sunlight, with new appliances
and washer/dryer included. Please contact me at [log in to unmask] if
you have any questions.

Best,

Fareez

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Poetry Event on Friday Jan 27th at 7pm at Morehouse College (Kilgore
Hall).

[image: 2. Poetic Rememberance Flyer.jpg]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. The school for Quran memorization (Hifz) is looking for a full-time
teacher for the current students. At $20/hr, the 8 middle school students
need someone who can teach all subjects according to the Cobb County
Curriculum. Please send resumes to Amjad Taufique at <[log in to unmask]>.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Volunteer Opportunity in India or Morocco this summer.

Opportunity for Muslims in North America ages 18-30 to volunteer in India
or Morocco in a group this summer* *with United for Service (
www.unitedforservice
<http://www.unitedforservice.org/>.org<http://www.unitedforservice.org/>).
It's an excellent opportunity to learn about the challenges of working in a
developing country, gain international experience, and expose the youth of
our community to an entirely different way of life.

I have included our newsletter with small descriptions of the programs
below.  The cost for each trip is as follows: $1300 for India and $1650 for
Morocco. This includes: accommodations, food, and in country
transportation.  Flights will be the responsibility of the volunteer.  We
don't expect volunteers to pay the full cost out of pocket - fundraising is
a big part of not-for-profit work and we support all of our volunteers
throughout their own fundraising processes.

Applications for the trips are due* *January 31, 2012. A reference letter
is needed, so please don't procrastinate!

Applications and more information can be found on our website at:
www.unitedforservice.org. Any further questions can be directed at