MSA Archives

MSA@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

Date:
Wed, 1 May 2013 18:17:55 -0400
[image: Inline image 2]

*Semi Monthly Hadith*

*The Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) said: “Allah, Blessed and
Exalted is He, says, ‘O son of Adam, as long as you call on Me, I shall
forgive you of what you have done, and think nothing of it. O son of Adam,
even if your sins were to reach up to the clouds in the sky, and then you
were to ask for My forgiveness, I would forgive you and think nothing of
it. O son of Adam, even if you were to come to Me with sins nearly as great
as the earth, and then you were to meet Me after death, not worshipping
anything besides Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as the
earth.’” [Tirmidhi]*

*MSA ANNOUNCEMENTS*

1. Letter from the President

2. MSA Election Results

3. YouTube Videos

*I. Letter from the President*

Assalaam-u-Alaikum everyone,

I hope everyone has had an amazing semester and is looking forward to a
great summer!

I am honored and humbled to be serving as the new MSA President for the
upcoming academic year, 2013-2014. InshAllah with the help and support of
my amazing team and you all, the upcoming year will be one of the most
successful GSU's MSA has ever seen. I want to thank everyone who was
involved this past year for making MSA so memorable and worthwhile for me.
I know I have big shoes to fill and hopefully, Allah will allow me to guide
my team and this organization to success, inshAllah.

I also want to thank you all for your support for the MSA. I speak for my
board when I say that we aim to address the needs of our community and
inshAllah, we will be blessed and capable enough to serve you all properly
in the upcoming year.

I wish you all the best in your upcoming endeavors and I hope to see you
all at the many exciting events MSA will host in the Fall. Please keep your
fellow GSU MSA Members and the rest of the Muslim Ummah in your duas!

JazakAllah Khair,
Hira Mashkoor
President

*II.* *MSA Election Results*

**

On behalf of the GSU MSA board, we would like to announce the MSA board for
the upcoming school year of 2013-2014! Congratulations to all the winners
and thank you to those who participated in the elections this year!

*President*: Hira Maskoor
*Brother's Vice President*: Akbar Ahmed
*Sister's Vice President*: Zainab Ayaz
*Secretary*: Wiam Ahmad
*Treasurer*: Danial Qureshi
*Public Relations*: Abdurrahman Darvesh
Event Coordinator: Komal Abbas
*Da'wah/Outreach* *Coordinator*: Omar Hamki
*Halaqah* *Coordinator*: Yahya Saeed
*Reservations* *Coordinator*: Faraz Ahmed
*AMYP* *Representative*: Inam Jamil
*Interfaith* *Coordinator*: Jibraan Mubeen
*Prayer* *Room* *Manager*: Kaashif Umrani
*Food* *Manager*: Ansa Riaz
*Decorations* *Committee* *Chair*: Sarah Ansari
*MSA* *Council* *Representative*: Noor Elsaqa
*Community* *Service* *Chair*: Amirah Houry

[image: Inline image 8]

*III.* *YouTube Videos*

Please take some time to watch some of the highlights of the GSU MSA of
this past semester. We have several videos lined up for you to enjoy so
please watch and most importantly, subscribe!

*MSA Fast A Thon Guest Speaker*: Imam Siraj Wahaaj:
http://youtu.be/orglkA95WXs

*MSA Entertainment Night 2013 Talent*:
Shah Zubair: http://youtu.be/mLETBdHOpEM
Khizer Khan: http://youtu.be/2qXAjOXpHWI
Mohammad Noorollahi: http://youtu.be/bVbrrunmeYk
Nabihah Salim: http://youtu.be/szkKZKTHHQA

*MSA Breaking Stereotypes: Moderation in Islam*: http://youtu.be/lO3Kr8BazF4

*MSA Islamic Unity And Culture Fair*: http://youtu.be/s_468Q_n0Ag

*COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS*

1. AMYP Monthly Meet-up

2. 27th Annual Celebration Fashion Show (Sisters Only)

3. Surah Yaseen with Shaykh Abdul Nasir Jangda in ATL

4. 6th Annual 5-on-5 Marjaan Basketball Tournament

*1. AMYP Monthly Meet-up*

Greetings AMYP-ers!

When: May 2nd, 2013 (Thursday) @ 7:00pm
Where: Murry’s in Hurry (Zabihah & Muslim Owned)
880 Indian Trail Rd, Lilburn, GA 30047
http://www.yelp.com/biz/murrays-in-a-hurry-lilburn-2

This will be our go-to location for the next few Monthly Meet-Ups! We'll
have games where no topic is Taboo; where you can be witty with your Catch
Phrase; or whatever the night’s games may bring – so be ready.

Y’all bring your A-game, empty stomachs, and competitive spirit every first
Thursday of the month at 7:00pm. The meeting is free, and you are only
responsible for what you eat. Please feel free to forward the invitation to
friends and bring them. We look forward to seeing you!

As always, the AMYP social committee is open to suggestions for locales for
future monthly meet ups. Email us at [log in to unmask]

On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/456214467778190/?ref=14

[image: Inline image 4]

______________________________
_______________________________________________*
*

*2. 27th Annual Celebration Fashion Show (Sisters Only)*

It’s that time of year, and we are ecstatic. The 27th Annual Celebration
Fashion Show: “The Sealed Nectar Pt II is here.

*Buy Your Tickets Now!*

This year’s event will take place May 3, 2013 through May 5, 2013. That
weekend will encompass a Sister’s Party, Workshops, Trunk Show, and the
jewel of the weekend – the Fashion Show. The location this year will be at
the premier entertainment venue, 595
North<http://atlantamasjid.com/sealed-nectar-2/www.595north.com>.
The venue is situated just minutes from the heart of downtown.

We plan on having another awesome time beginning on Friday with the
Celebration Sister’s Party, Saturday, Trunk Show and workshops, and Sunday
the Fabulous Fashion Show. We are asking all participants to come “Dressed
to Impress” on all occasions. Our workshops are designed to empower,
enrich, and engage sisterhood. The trunk show will be a time to see and
purchase fabulous goods and clothing, to socialize and get ready for the
runway that will be electrifying.

[image: Inline image 5]
______________________________

*3. Surah Yaseen with Shaykh Abdul Nasir Jangda*

Bayyinah Presents: Quran for Family: Surah Yaseen.
Join in this one-day seminar as we go over the tafseer of Surah Yaseen,
oftentimes referred to as the "heart of the Qur'an".

Class Timings:
June 2 - Sun: 11AM-7PM

Tuition: $35/Person

Click here for more information about the class:
www.yaseen.bayyinah.com

Register here:
http://bayyinah.com/courses/surah-yaseen/

For more information contact: [log in to unmask]

On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/106842132824257/?ref=14

[image: Inline image 6]
______________________________

*4. 6th Annual 5-on-5 Marjaan Basketball Tournament*

Salaam Athletes!

Marjaan will be hosting 6th Annual Marjaan Basketball Tournament. Just like
last year, it will be 5-on-5.

32 teams. Two divisions (13-17yrs and 18+). Registration will be $25 per
person before 5/27. After 5/27, the price will be $35 per person. The teams
can have a maximum of 10 players.

Follow the instructions for registration at http://www.marjaan.org/
registration/

Once you register your team, you have the option to pay online or onsite.
Our recommendation is to pay online to secure a spot in the tournament.
There are a total of 32 team slots (16 slots for 13-17 & 16 slots for
18-up) available for the tournament. The tournament will give priority to
teams on the “First Come, First Serve” basis. For the teams, which pay
online they will be given priority over teams which pay onsite.

Once again, Follow the instructions for registration at
http://www.marjaan.org/registration

On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/302796183184968/

[image: Inline image 7]
--
Visit us at GSUMSA.com! Be sure to register with the MSA on OrgSync! Only
registered members receive the code to the prayer room located at

The MSA at GSU is now on Twitter and YouTube! Follow us on Twitter @GSU_MSA
and we'll follow you back insha'Allah!
Subscribe to us on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSAatGSU
And join our Facebook group at: http://www.facebook.com/groups/2201839796/

Unsubscribe: If you would like to be removed from the MSA mailing list,

Did you read this email? The first person to reply with their Panther ID #
and name gets waived dues for this semester! (Newsletters only)