MSA Archives

MSA@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2010 22:03:30 -0500
Asamalualaikum everyone,

A local Muslim school in the community named Risala Institute is in dire
need of support. Their goal since day one has been to provide better,
Islamic education for the youth so that they may be successful in the world
and go forward to have successful lives in their futures. Now they are in
need of funds to keep the doors open, the following message has the details
of their situation so please read carefully and if you can, donate what you
can.

Thankyou

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem
*The Harsh Reality*

*The harsh reality is that The Risala Institute, the organization which has
been striving to make quality Islamic education accessible and affordable to
underserved communities, is very close to possibly having to close its
doors.*  Risala may have to shut down very soon due to its lack of funding
and support.  The approximately 80 students from pre-k through eighth grade,
who attend the school, may not even get the opportunity to finish out this
school year unless something is done.

Due to the population that we serve, much of the tuition is very often
either late or not paid at all.  In our various attempts to reach out to the
wealthy members of the community for help, we have come out empty handed.  Our
attempts at establishing lucrative businesses to fund the school have been
unsuccessful due to not having the seed money to get them started on an
effective level.  Therefore, the school has reached such a financial deficit
that it can no longer survive.

The harsh reality is that in order for our community to have something like
this, which has the potential to make a tremendous positive change for us
and our children, it must be supported.

*Risala needs $5,000 by the end of this week (3/5/10) in order to stay open
and an additional $10,000 by the end of this month (March) in order to at
least finish out the school year. * In order for us to be able to go
further, we need funds that can go towards the businesses and new programs
which would allow us to be self-sufficient and not have to rely upon
donations and unstable tuition.

Any amount that you can give will be greatly appreciated, whether itís $10
or $10,000.  You may donate online at *www.risalainstitute.com*

* *

Jazakullah Khair,

Your brother Atiba