MSA Archives

MSA@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

Date:
Tue, 1 May 2012 17:47:13 -0400
[image: bism.gif]
*
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious Most Merciful

*NEW MSA Officers for 2012-2013***

President & Treasurer: Halima Ahmad
Brother's Vice President: Akbar Ahmed

Sister's Vice President: Zainab Ayaz
Brother's Sports/Social: Habib Ashogbon
Sister's Sports/Social: Samina Sattar

Public Relations- Print Media: Zainab Ayaz

Public Relations- Articles & Ads: Intisar Seraaj

*
*

*Community Announcements *

1. My name is Muniba and I am a postdoctoral fellow within the Social and
Decision Sciences department Carnegie Mellon University. I am working on a
psychology research study focused on understanding the cognitive-affective
attitudes of Muslim-Americans towards political issues. There is very
limited social science research on Muslim-Americans and this study is one
step closer towards better understanding the attitudes of this group. I am
reaching out to all university MSAs asking if they would be willing to send
out this link within their mailing lists or FB pages? I am trying to
recruit Muslim-Americans between the ages 18-30 years old to do this
10-minute online, anonymous survey. I would appreciate if you could help me
recruit more Muslim-American student participants.
http://cmu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0cUSr6sksMtlA9e

2. Asslamu Aleykum everyone. Me and my roommate, both Muslim PhD students
at GSU, are looking for a 3rd roommate for a 3-bedroom (1 is master), 2
bathroom apartment starting from June 2012. Preferably for 1 year, but
possible for only June-July.It is the apartment complex called
"Metropolitan at Buckhead", which is a 5 minutes walking distance from
Lenox Marta Station. The price per person including utilities and internet
is around $420, may be less. Please contact Bauyrzhan Yedgenov by e-mail or
phone: [log in to unmask] or 404 933 0505.

Unsubscribe: If you would like to be removed from the MSA mailing list,

Did you read this email? The first person to reply with their Panther ID #
and name gets waived dues for this semester!