MSA Archives

MSA@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2012 22:56:38 -0500
Peace be upon you,

Thank you for pledging to fast on Tuesday, March 6!  I would like to take
this opportunity to commend you for being an integral part in helping the
Muslim Students Association raise funds and awareness for Project Hope's
efforts towards refugee services in Clarkston, GA. You are among the many
who have pledged to fast on this day! For every single person who pledged
to fast, sponsors have also pledged to donate a specified amount of money
towards Project Hope Atlanta. If you are attending the *FREE* dinner that
evening, you can feel free to bring along a contribution of your own to be
included in the final tally (consider the money you would have otherwise
spent on lunch that day).

Your RSVP states that you are *confirmed to attend* the dinner on
Wednesday, October 10th in the Georgia Tech Student Center Ballroom between
7pm and 9pm.  Please be on time so the program may run smoothly.

Here is a copy of your pledge:
I pledge to willingly and joyfully participate in the 7th Annual
Fast-A-Thon for the benefit of Project Hope Atlanta, a refugee support
effort in Clarkston, GA. I understand that I am pledging to abstain from
all food and liquid to the best of my ability during the daylight hours
(5:51 AM - 6:39 PM) of Tuesday, March 6, 2012.

I do not have any medical conditions that would prohibit me from fasting,
but in the unexpected and unlikely event that I should become ill, or
otherwise experience detrimental effects as a result of this fast, I will
not hold the Muslim Students Association at GSU, its members, and/or
Georgia State University responsible. This pledge form serves as my
personal invitation to FREE DINNER at the Student Center Ballroom, starting
at 5:00 PM.

Thank you again for your support!

Safia Ansari
President, GSU Muslim Students Association