MSA Archives

MSA@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Mailing list for the Muslim Student Association at GSU <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Oct 2011 22:19:15 -0700
[image: bism.gif]

ASALAAMU'ALAIKUM!!

By the will of Allah, we will be having an *EMERGENCY General Body
Meeting*for all MSA Members on
*Tuesday, October 25 from 12:15-1:00pm in Arts & Humanities 327*. Please be
there and be sure that your MSA friends are there, regardless of whether
they are active members of MSA or not.

Snacks and refreshments will be served.

Jazak Allah Khair,
MSA Executive Board

ATL Muslim Community& GSU Community Announcements:

*Housing Listing*
I need a Muslim girl for three bedrooms apartment. It is three minutes from
Lenox Station. She will share the apartment with other two kind Muslim
girls. She will have her own bedroom and she will share the bathroom with
one of these girls. She will pay only $ 290 plus utilities which is $ 80 on
average. Move in date: Dec 15. Email Fatma at [log in to unmask]

*Events from The Office of Civic Engagement*
October 24 – Intercultural Relations Goes 3-D: Religions of the World
Room 485 University Center, 5pm-7pm. This 3-D event will bring students of
different religious denomination together for an evening of conversation.
Dinner will be provided.
October 25 – Religions of the World Art Exhibit Opening Reception. Student
Center Art Gallery, 5:30pm – 7pm. A reception highlighting the work of
various artists who contributed to the exhibit. The exhibit will run from
October 20 – November 18, 2011.

*Job Opportunity at Islamic Private School*
Al -Falah Academy, a private Islamic school located in Gwinnett is currently
seeking teaching candidates, will be glad to participate in Georgia State
student teaching practicum program ,I was wondering if you  please share
information with MSA members especially those who are enrolled
education/teaching  programs. If you have any questions  or need additional
information please feel free to contact us at Al-Falah office number :
(678)502-7211 or send an email to [log in to unmask]

*Muslimah Consultation Group (MCG) Inagural Conference*
To support Muslimahs in a support group: to Share, Talk, Listen, Assist,
Network and Heal in our Deen.
We started in 1999 with the hopes of supporting each other in our Deen.
 We've achieved many of our goals and continue supporting each other outside
of MCG, Inc. by networking, collaborating, meeting, assisting, consulting,
etc. in addition to being there for each other when we meet. Muslimahs look
for us to come together confidentially and receive quality incredible
support.
Insha’Allah on Saturday, January 14, 2012, Muslimah Consultation Group, Inc.
will host their Inaugural Sisters’ Conference themed: “Uplifting Our
Sisters… One Sister at a Time”  We are writing this letter to request your
valuable participation in this event, which will be held at the Conference
Center at Dekalb Technical College, 495 N. Indian Creek Drive, Clarkston, GA
30021.  We are expecting Muslimahs from all walks of life - from the local
schools, MSAs and Masajid to different communities, ethnicities, ages and
backgrounds.  We even look to host Sisters of other faiths as well.
We are currently seeking support from local Masjids as well as Muslim and/or
Woman owned retailers and businesses to support this event. We believe in
the importance of building up the community and want to exhibit businesses,
products and services by our Ummah. We are hoping you can sponsor us by
either purchasing an ad for our event program brochure, donating items that
can be placed in our event “goodie bags,”  donating any product/service, or
gift certificate that can be given as a door prize or donating something of
value which will be exhibited in our silent auction, insha’Allah.

*Exxon/Mobil Scholarship*
The ExxonMobil Middle East and North Africa Scholars Program provides select
student leaders with a fully-funded scholarship towards the completion of a
Master's degree. The scholarship covers tuition, travel, insurance, housing,
and books. Additionally, a monthly living stipend is provided for the
duration of the scholarship program. This scholarship is funded by
ExxonMobil and administered by the Institute of International Education
(IIE). The application is open to current seniors or recent graduates.
Masters candidates interested in a second Master’s degree are also welcome
to apply. The deadline to submit online applications for 2012 scholarships
is October 30, 2011. Applicants must be a citizen of one of the program
countries:  *Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya,
Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, UAE*, and they must be
native *Arabic
speakers* that have lived the majority of their lives in the region.
Finalists will be invited to an all-expense paid short-course event in Abu
Dhabi this December. Selected scholars will receive placement assistance for
a university program in the United States.
Sponsored MS programs include:
Geosciences
Engineering (preference for Petroleum, Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, and
Civil—though others are welcome to apply)
MBA (sponsor requires an engineering or science background)
http://www.iie.org/exxonmobilscholars
http://www.facebook.com/mena.scholars
Contact: David DeGroot
Institute of International Education (IIE)
Southern Regional Center
Houston, Texas, USA
ph: 832.369.3472

*Looking for INCEPTORS (especially MSA students!)*

We are looking for students who exhibit excellent teamwork, communication
and leadership potential as well as a diverse group of students.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, and I thank you in
advance for taking time to share this information in your members.

Please see attachment. Contact:

**

Amanda Antara çCoordinator of New Student Orientation****

Office of New Student Orientation & Parent Relations****

Student Center - Suite 265 ç404/413-1575 ç[log in to unmask]****

Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/gsuincept>
çTwitter<http://www.twitter.com/gsu_incept>
 çBlog <http://incepttheblog.wordpress.com/>
çFoursquare<https://foursquare.com/venue/23471401>

*Adventure Aviation Job Opportunity*
Aventure Aviation is an award winning aircraft parts supplier based in
Peachtree City, GA. We currently are looking to hire a Sales Associate.
-The job requires full time availablity Monday-Friday, this position then
would be ideal for a recent graduate or someone graduating by December 2011.
-The position is entry level with industry specific training provided.
However, some expereince in Sales is Ideal. We are accepting applicants of
all majors.
-We are offering commission in addition to a yearly salary. In addition we
offer employees a competitive benefits package which includes health
insurance and 401k program.
Position begins with a 3 week training period where you will learn how we do
business along with the business tools used to run our business.
After this period, you will begin using aviation software, doing research,
making and receiving phone calls, and contacting customers and suppliers
from around the world in order to do market research and find aviation parts
that are needed to fulfill our customers daily requirements.
Other secretarial duties may be required.
Applicants must be computer literate and be skilled at using:
- Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
Applicants must also be confident in their phone skills and improving their
phone skills as this position requires you to be on the phone 30% of the
time.
*Fluency in a foreign language is a plus but not required.

*Masjid Omar School*
Masjid Omar needs a k-12 teacher for sisters from 12-3:30. The pay is
good so if u know anyone interested please call sister dilshaad at
6786656100

*Call for Submissions: Essay Contest*
The Elie Wiesel Prize in Ethics is an annual competition that challenges
college students in the U.S. to submit essays on the urgent ethical issues
that confront them in today’s complex world. Since 1989, The Elie Wiesel
Prize in Ethics has been encouraging students to write thought-provoking
personal essays that raise questions, single out issues and are rational
arguments for ethical action.

*First Prize: $5,000*

*Second Prize: $2,500*

*Third Prize: $1,000*

*Two Honorable Mentions: $500 each*
Open to all full-time Juniors and Seniors registered at an accredited
four-year college or university!
*DEADLINE: All applications must be submitted online at **
apply.ethicsprize.org<https://pod51010.outlook.com/owa/UrlBlockedError.aspx>
** before December 5th 2011, 5pm PST.
*For more information and guidelines, visit
*www.ethicsprize.org<https://pod51010.outlook.com/owa/UrlBlockedError.aspx>
*.