MSA Archives

MSA@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

Mon, 15 Apr 2013 15:51:59 -0400
text/plain (10 kB) , text/html (21 kB) , AMYP meet up.jpg (78 kB) , arab night.jpg (48 kB) , RCM fruits of knowledge.jpg (71 kB) , gala.jpg (82 kB) , AMYP.jpg (52 kB) , bismillah.jpg (12 kB)
[image: Inline image 1]

*Semi-Monthly Hadith*

Jabir bin Samurah (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger
of Allah (PBUH) came out to us (once) and said, "Why do you not stand in
rows as the angels do before their Rubb?'' We asked: "O Messenger of Allah!
how do the angels stand in rows before their Rubb?'' He (PBUH) replied,
"They complete each row beginning with the first and filling all the
gaps.''[Muslim].

*I) The Voting Period Begins!*

 Assalam-u-alaikum everyone,

It is my pleasure to announce the start of the voting period to determine
the new MSA Board for the 2013-14 school year! I, Abdurrahman Darvesh, am
announcing my resignation as *President of the GSU MSA* and happily handing
it to Sister *Hira Mashkoor*, effective at the end of the Spring 2013
semester. I would also like to announce our new *treasurer, Brother Danial
Qureshi*! Alhamdullilah, this year was a wonderful year for everybody but I
feel as if though it well be well served to everybody if they experience a
change in leadership for next year. New ideas are always something that
encourages people to keep on coming back as well as bringing new people
into the mix. Insha'Allah next year will be, by far, the most successful
year we have ever had as an MSA. I would like to express my congratulations
to Hira and Danial and the rest of the new, yet to be determined, board.
May Allah (SWT) guide and keep you onto the straight path and reward you
for all of your past and upcoming efforts.

Jazakullah Khair for everything,

Abdurrahman Darvesh

To vote for the upcoming elections, please click here: http://goo.gl/3Ytga
If you have any questions, please email us at: [log in to unmask]

*II) Qur’anic Recitation Event*

The MSA is planning to host an event THIS *Thursday, April 18th* in
the *University
Center in Room 480/485 from 3:30 PM until 5:30 PM*. This will be a
*FREE*event and we will be having
*FREE food*. This will be a lunch style buffet, insha'Allah, and we really
encourage you to come on out to come and listen to the speakers and anyone
involved. This is located right down the hallway from the MSA Prayer Room
so please don't miss out on your chance! *We will have ballot casting at
this event as well, but please do not forget to vote!*

 *Community Announcements*

 1.       Medshare Volunteer Day

2.       The 1st Annual PCRF Gala

3.       Atlanta Arab Night feat. FouseyTube

4.       Living the Dream (AMYP Event)

5.       Check the GSU MSA gmail inbox for an email from the Roswell
Community Masjid

6.       AMYP Monthly Meet-ups

*1. Medshare Volunteer Day*

The Community Outreach Committee is working with MedShare Atlanta (
http://www.medshare.org/) for a Volunteer Day on *Saturday, April 20th,
2013 at 12:15PM*. MedShare is a nonprofit organization dedicated to
improving healthcare and the environment through the efficient recovery and
redistribution of the surplus of medical supplies and equipment to those
most in need. Volunteers will learn about MedShare and the work they do
globally, as well as help sort and prepare medical supplies.

Please come out to join the Community Outreach Committee members.

We will be meeting at the *MedShare wareshouse (**3240 Clifton Springs Road
Decatur, GA 30034**)* at 12:15PM before volunteering our services as a
group. You can make a difference; come out to the MedShare Volunteer Day
for a chance to meet some great people and make a difference.

Please contact [log in to unmask]
<:[log in to unmask]>for more information.

On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/133350823513247/?ref=14

*2. The 1st PCRF Annual Gala: Lending Little Hearts a Hand*

*When: Saturday, April 20, 2013 at 7:30pm*

*Where: **Atlanta Marriott Gwinnett
Place*<https://www.facebook.com/AtlantaMarriottGwinnettPlace>
**

*1775 Pleasant Hill Road, Duluth, Georgia 30096*

*Tickets: $100*

 Keynote Speakers:
Steve Sosebee, founder of PCRF
Dr. Randy Smith of Augusta, GA

Entertainment by Arab American Comedian Amer Zahr.
Dinner, Silent Auction, Raffle Tickets...

ALL proceeds will go towards building a much needed new Pediatric Cardiac
Center in Gaza! Table sponsorship Available..!! Purchase your ticket now
through the Facebook link below or email us at [log in to unmask]

The Palestine Children’s Relief Fund is a registered non-political,
non-profit, 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization that was established in 1991 by
concerned people in the U.S. to address the medical and humanitarian crisis
facing Palestinian youths in the Middle East.

 On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/109047182610925/
[image: Inline image 2]

*3. **Atlanta Arab Night feat. FouseyTube*

University of Georgia's Arab Cultural Association and Athens for Justice in
Palestine; Georgia State University's Middle East Socio-Political
Association (MESPA); Emory University's Arab Cultural Association; and
Agnes Scott's Programming Board and Student Association Leading Awareness
in the Middle East (SALAM) are proud to collaborate for the first time and
present....

Come one, come all, to the first ever Atlanta Arab Night! This event is
designed as a multifaceted cultural showcase of what Arab culture is
comprised of, and what makes it so wonderful! The theme is Once Upon a
Time, or كان يا ما كان in Arabic, to signify this new beginning to what
will hopefully be a wonderful tradition.

These four universities have come together to present a diverse array of
acts to show the rich culture of the Arab world, including singing,
dancing, and spoken word. Those in the audience are encouraged to wear
traditional clothing from any Arab country of choice or the colors of their
country's flag. You can even bring your flag to wave in the audience!

And of course, the most exciting part - after the student performances, we
will have a huge portion of the show featuring famous Palestinian-American
comedian Yousef Erakat aka FouseyTUBE! Make sure to check out his channel
here: www.youtube.com/fouseytube. Yousef is performing here as a part of
his "My name is Yousef" tour and will be entertaining you all with a
variety shows.

*Doors open at 6:30pm, and event begins at 7:15pm.* FREE PARKING is
available on site!

 *----------TICKETS----------**
$10/student; $15/non-student; $20/VIP
*
-ONLINE TICKET SALES ARE UP!!! *Online ticket sales will end at 11:50 PM
Saturday, April 20*! After that, you can purchase tickets either through a
host organization OR on-site on April 27. We highly recommend you purchase
your ticket online to avoid long lines! Also VIP tickets are LIMITED so
this is the best way to make sure you get one! Go to this link to purchase!
http://atlarabnight.eventbrite.com/

-VIP tickets are LIMITED!!! Buy them while they are in supply! VIP tickets
get up-front seating and may attend the meet-and-greet with FouseyTUBE
after the show. At the meet-and-greet, fans can meet him, purchase his
merchandise, and have a chance to get your picture taken with him.

-We will also announce via Facebook pre-sales at each school.
-Tickets will also be sold on site, where we prefer cash or check payment.
-Student tickets must be prepared to show student ID at the door.
Let's celebrate the beautiful Arab culture!
If you have any questions or concerns please email us at:

On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/506898529345417/?ref=14
[image: Inline image 3]

*4. Living the Dream*

AMYP is honored to invite *Mr. Nouman Ali Khan* as he presents the
inspirational lecture Living the Dream. Mr. Khan will take us on his
journey of how he took his vision for the Dream Program from an idea to a
reality. This event is the first of its kind being presented by Mr. Khan. Mr.
Khan will share how the Bayyinah institute grew from an idea to a national
Islamic education center. This is the amazing story of the inception of the
Bayyinah institute.

Save the date and mark your calendars for Mr. Nouman Ali Khan’s Living the
Dream presentation on *April 27th*!

 Details around the event are still forth coming.

Due to limited seating capacity, we are strongly encouraging all interested
participants to sign up as soon as possible as it is likely this event will
sell out.

*Pricing is as follows*:
Early bird special (expires 4/13)
$32 for members
$37 non members
Regular registration (4/14 - 4/21)
$37 members
$42 non members
Late registration (4/22 - 4/26)
$42 members
$47 non members
On site (if tickets still available)
$50 members
$55 non members

***Please invite your friends and family***

 On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/445207408893244/
[image: Inline image 5]

*5. Book Fair at Roswell Community Masjid *

 Roswell Community Masjid will be holding an Islamic Book Fair on *Sunday
April 28th from 11:00am to 5:00pm*.

[image: Inline image 9]

*6. AMYP Monthly Meet-up*

Greetings AMYP-ers!

*When: May 2nd, 2013 (Thursday) @ 7:00pm
Where: Murry’s in Hurry (Zabihah & Muslim Owned)
880 Indian Trail Rd, Lilburn, GA 30047 *
http://www.yelp.com/biz/murrays-in-a-hurry-lilburn-2

This will be our go-to location for the next few Monthly Meet-Ups! We'll
have games where no topic is Taboo; where you can be witty with your Catch
Phrase; or whatever the night’s games may bring – so be ready.

Y’all bring your A-game, empty stomachs, and competitive spirit every first
Thursday of the month at 7:00pm. The meeting is free, and you are only
responsible for what you eat. Please feel free to forward the invitation to
friends and bring them. We look forward to seeing you!

As always, the AMYP social committee is open to suggestions for locales for
future monthly meet ups. Email us at [log in to unmask]

Please visit http://www.atlmyp.org/<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.atlmyp.org%2F&h=DAQFqckUN&s=1>for
more information

On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/456214467778190/?ref=14
[image: Inline image 7]

--
Visit us at GSUMSA.com! Be sure to register with the MSA on OrgSync! Only
registered members receive the code to the prayer room located at

The MSA at GSU is now on Twitter and YouTube! Follow us on Twitter @GSU_MSA
and we'll follow you back insha'Allah!
Subscribe to us on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSAatGSU
And join our Facebook group at: http://www.facebook.com/groups/2201839796/

Unsubscribe: If you would like to be removed from the MSA mailing list,

Did you read this email? The first person to reply with their Panther ID #
and name gets waived dues for this semester! (Newsletters only)