MSA Archives

MSA@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2011 00:53:57 -0500
[image: bism.gif]

Asalaamu'Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu! May this message reach you
in the best of iman and health!

As the new semester approaches us, keep in mind that the MSA is here to help
you through it!

*Weekly Events*
**
Tuesdays and Thursdays:
Halaqah: Study circles of Brothers and Sisters just like you, going through
the same things you are, learning
about Allah and life together.
12:15 PM—1:00 PM (Campus Break)
Brothers *Arts and Humanities 320; *Sisters *Arts and Humanities 327.*

Wednesdays:
Da'wah (Outreach): Passing out Free Qurans and spreading Islam on campus
12:00-1:00 PM
Library Plaza

Fridays:
Salat-ul-Jummuah (Friday Prayer)
2:00pm or 3:00pm
Prayer Room, University Center 409 or designated room (see gsumsa.com)

*MEMBERSHIP*

Even if you have already completed membership in the past, you must *re-do
your membership* on Orgsync. Please click
here<https://orgsync.com/register/communities/georgia-state-university>(
https://orgsync.com/register/communities/georgia-state-university) and
register with your *student email address*. Find the Muslim Students
Association in the list of Student Organizations and join with the *password
"gsumsa." *Only students who register on Orgsync will *recieve the Prayer
Room code* when it changes every semester.

Orgsync enables you to find other members, recieve text messages (if you
choose), pay dues, buy a MSA shirt with the click of a button! It is built
like Facebook; you can update your status, and keep up with the MSA easily!

Few Community Announcements:

 We are currently accepting hijab donations.  We have received several
requests of hijabs for new muslims and would like to be able to assist
them, insha'allah.  Please let us know if you would like to donate
some hijabs.  We can make arrangements for pick up or drop off,
insha'allah.  Please feel free to forward this email to other sisters
you know.

Jazakallah Khair,  Hijab Exchange

Join us in our pursuit of Giving Sadaqa with Style!
www.HijabExchange.org <http://www.hijabexchange.org/>
678.713.4483

Insha'Allah, the 10th annual UNC MSA Sportsfest will be held on January 15th
and 16th, 2011 (MLK Weekend) in Chapel Hill, NC. There will be a 7v7 flag
football tournament on Saturday and a 5v5 basketball tournament on Sunday.
Costs for one sport is $250, and two sports is $300.

We plan to have official referees for both sports. A portion of the proceeds
will go towards supporting the UNC MSA, and the remainder will be donated to
an organization that helps fund the education of underprivileged Muslim
women in Zanzibar. Last year, through our donation, we were able to help
fund the ENTIRE secondary education of one woman!

The deadline to register is by midnight on JANUARY 9th, 2011. Spots will be
filled quickly, so register as early as possible!

*Please visit ***http://www.uncmsa.org/sportsfest/*** for more information
and help spread the word to your respective MSA's and to any MUSLIMS whom
you think may be interested.  Feel free to contact myself or Minhaj Baqai (
[log in to unmask]) personally if you have any questions.  *

JAK and Walaikumsalaam,
Sana Khan
President
UNC MSA