MSA Archives

MSA@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Mailing list for the Muslim Student Association at GSU <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 2010 10:09:54 -0400
 1. Al-Maghrib Class
2. Greenview Madani Center Fundraiser
3. Project HOPE Atlanta
4. Reel Family Fun at Atlanta Masjid
5. Atlanta MSA Picnic

1. Al-Maghrib Class

[image: n118292728213170_3453.jpg]
http://www.almaghrib.org/enroll.php to register
http://www.almaghrib.org/seminar_fos.php
http://www.qsalaam.org/
Questions:
contact us : [log in to unmask]

Tentative Schedule (starts times and end times are subject to change):
Friday 7/9/2010 : 7pm-10pm
Saturday 7/10/2010: 10am-7pm
Sunday 7/11/2010:10am-7pm
Saturday 7/17/2010:10am-7pm
Sunday 7/18/2010: 10am-7pm

This class is YOUR chance to learn everything about salah!! This class will
focus on the Hanafi and Shafiee opinions with regrads to salah. This class
has also been designed to allow more question and answer time with Sh.
Birjas.

Pleae register for a group of 10 to get a $30 discount! for more question
contact us [log in to unmask]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.

Greenview Madani Center Fundraiser[image:
30726_438357381689_500276689_6264755_4310603_n.jpg]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 3. Project HOPE Atlanta

Project Hope is a non-profit organization that seeks to support and care for
refugees in Clarkston, GA as they become an integral part of our
communities. We hope to provide the refugees with adequate support that will
be long-lasting in order for them to attain independent, healthy and
successful lives in the United States by providing them with useful
resources, empowerment skills, and social services.

Refugees are displaced people who unwillingly have to leave their native
countries because of present threats of war, death, and oppression. Refugees
have very little or no time ahead of their departure to pack or plan their
travel, and therefore face many obstacles throughout their journey
continuing even after they settle in their host country. They become even
more vulnerable as many of them often lose their family members and friends
before, during, or after their escape. For these reasons, most refugees lack
financial, social, and emotional support. Once refugees reach the United
Statess—they often suffer from isolation, stress, confusion, humiliation,
and deprivation as they lack basic resources to function and live suitably.
They need our help, and it is our duty to help them.

Donations (money,food,household items, etc.) are always welcome. To donate
money you can go to Chase Bank and deposit money into Project Hope's
Account:
ROUTING # 061092387
ACCOUNT # 874093867

Contact us regarding any tangible donations. A volunteer in your area will
meet up with you to collect kind donations up.
  Email: [log in to unmask] Office: 1-877-275-5564 Location:
P.O. Box 77005 , Atlanta, GA
30357<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=P.O.+Box+77005+%2C+Atlanta%2C+GA+30357%2C+Clarkston%2C+GA>
Clarkston, GA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. Reel Family Fun

Starting Friday:  June 18, 2010

Time:  8:30PM - 11:30PM

Location:  Atlanta Masjid Courtyard

the movies!  Bring a blanket or lawn chair.  Concessions will be available.
Proceeds will benefit Atlanta Masjid Renvovations Fund!

Cost:  FREE

Movie Showings and Dates

June 18th:      "UP"

July 2nd:        "Night at the Museum"
July 16th:        " Madagascar 2"
July 30th:        "Akeelah and the Bee"
August 6th:     "Viewers Choice"

 5. Atlanta MSA Picnic

Join the MSA's of Atlanta for a Back-to-School Picnic at Grant Park!
The picnic is open to everyone, regardless of their association with any
given MSA.