MSA Archives

MSA@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2013 13:04:52 -0400
[image: Inline image 1]

*Assalamu Alaikum MSA-ers!*

We hope you all are enjoying Ramadan and have been taking full advantage of
this blessed month. As we enter the last 10 days of Ramadan, think about
what you have accomplished in the past 20 days and what your goals are for
the remaining ones. Al-Bukhari and Muslim record from 'Aishah (RA) that
during the last ten days of Ramadan, the Messenger of Allah would wake his
wives up during the night and then remain apart from them (that is, being
busy in acts of worship). A narration in Muslim states: "He would strive
[to do acts of worship] during the last ten days of Ramadan more than he
would at any other time." Keep in mind that this may be the last chance we
have to witness this holy month, so make these last few days count!

*I) Welcome Back Dinner*

*
*

To our new members, Welcome! And to our returning members, Welcome back to
our annual MSA at GSU's Welcome [Back] Dinner! This year's dinner will be
hosted by the new MSA at GSU board featuring guest speaker Dr. Mansour
Ansari and MSA adviser Anita Husen!

The event will take place in the Student Center Ballroom on *Tuesday,
September 3rd from 6-9 PM*. There will be a* $10 entry fee* at the door
that will constitute as your Fall 2013 semester dues as a member with the
MSA at GSU. With your dues you will help contribute to our semesterly
Prayer Room costs (located in the University Center in Room 409) and you
will receive:

- Free entry to all events for the rest of the semester

- A uniquely designed MSA at GSU T-shirt

*Anyone interested in volunteering, please email us at [log in to unmask] *

PARKING INFORMATION:

Students and guests should be able to park at M Deck (33 Auditorium Place)
or T Deck (43 Auburn Avenue).

• $7.00 for visitors or students without a parking permit or budget card

• $4.50 per entry with a valid GSU student parking permit

• $3.50 per entry with a valid GSU student Parking Budget Card

• $2.25 per entry after 4 PM in all decks and lots with a valid GSU student
parking permit

Also, parking on the street is free after 7pm on weekdays.

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/685938414752952/

[image: Inline image 1]

*II) Weekly Halaqahs*

Come one, come all! Please join us at our first MSA event of Fall 2013, the
*Monday Mixed Halaqahs* led by none other than Hafiz Yahya Saeed! They will
be held *every week* from *1:30 PM - 2:30 PM* in the *University Center in
room 402*. The first Halaqah will be on* September 9th,* Insha'Allah. Plan
your schedules accordingly and come on out!

[image: Inline image 1]

*---------------------------------------------------------------------------
*

*COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS*

I) Youth Ramadan in Atlanta: Saturday Night Lights

II) The SHAMA’IL by Shaykh Muhammad an-Ninowy: A FREE Prophetic Hadith
Intensive

III) Masjid Beautification Day

*---------------------------------------------------------------------------
*

*I) Youth Ramadan in Atlanta: Saturday Night Lights*

We are proud to announce a collaboration among masjids in the Atlanta area
to put on quality youth programming during Ramadan. Each Saturday night in
Ramadan will feature an all-night youth event at a different masjid. Each
masjid will display it's unique local flair of speakers, programming, and
food. If you haven’t attended one yet, you still have a few chances!

*8/2: Masjid Al-Farooq (Atlanta) - Brothers only
8/2: Masjid Omar (Norcross) - Sisters only
8/2: West End Masjid - Brothers & Sisters
8/3: RCM (Roswell) - Brothers & Sisters
TBD: Masjid Hamzah - Sisters only*

Join us these nights for lectures, sports, qiyaam, remembering Allah, and
of course, scrumptious suhoor breakfasts of pancakes, biscuits, hash
browns, and turkey bacon.

Bring your sleeping bag! *Exclusive to youth aged 15-22*. Programs will run
from Saturday nights after taraweeh until Sunday at noon.

Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/213532495467248/213716828782148/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

*--------------------------------------------------------*

*II) The SHAMA’IL by Shaykh Muhammad an-Ninowy: A FREE Prophetic Hadith
Intensive ** *

Imitation of Prophet Muhammad is Rooted in Love, and Love is Rooted in
Knowledge

World-renowned hadith scholar, Shaykh Muhammad an-Ninowy, will be our guide
on an incredible journey through the famous Shama'il of Imam at-Tirmithi,
400+ narrations (ahadith) describing in detail the beautiful and awesome
physical description, impeccable character, and radiant spirituality of the
last prophet sent to guide humanity to their full potential, Prophet
Muhammad (peace and blessings on him and his family). The Shama'il
culminates in a chapter on the reality of seeing Prophet Muhammad in dreams
and visions. Shaykh Muhammad will not only be transmitting the hadith
"texts" but will provide scholarly critique and analyses of selected hadith
"chains of transmission".

This is a rare opportunity for those who simply want to broaden and deepen
their knowledge of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings on him and his
family), those who are committed students of the Islamic Sciences, and
those who yearn for a truly spiritual connection to him beyond mere
emotional attachment.

All attendees of the entire course will receive an "ijaza" (license to
transmit) in the Shama'il at-Tirmithi at the course's conclusion.

*COST: FREE!! **

VENUE: Madina Institute, 4991 Burns Rd, Lilburn, GA 30047

DATES: August 2 (6.30-8.30pm)
                August 3 (9am-7pm)
                August 4 (9am-7pm)
* *
PLEASE REGISTER HERE (http://tinyurl.com/ShamailByNinowy)*

*Babysitting will be provided at cost
*Great Halal Restaurants in walking distance for those not fasting

Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/364574667003258/?notif_t=plan_user_invited

 [image: Inline image 3]

*--------------------------------------------------------*

*III) Masjid Beautification Day *

Sign up for the first annual Masjid Beautification Day! We need volunteers
to help the masjid with a variety of tasks including helping to plant trees
and flowers, organizing the school library, painting a mural, mending
Qurans, and many more!

Breakfast and a BBQ lunch will be provided for all participants. The *first
50 individuals who register will also receive a free t-shirt*.

With your help, we'll be able to develop a stronger Ummah and give back to
the masjid that has provided so much to our community.

*When: Saturday, August 24th *

*Where: Al- Farooq Masjid of Atlanta*

*                442 14th St NW, Atlanta, GA*

*Program:

9:00am-9:30am: Breakfast/Registration
9:30am-10:00am: Speaker
10:00am-12:30pm: Service Project
12:30pm-2:00pm: Lunch
2:00pm-2:30pm: Zuhr*

*REGISTER:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1RiTPkpfCrkN0w7Ct5Oxa2JZWfe8ZZiyP92LHlOF8A58/viewform
*

If you have any questions, please email *[log in to unmask]*

Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/549382921792073/?notif_t=plan_user_invited

[image: Inline image 4]

--
*Visit <http://www.gsumsa.com> us at: www.gsumsa.com*
*Email <[log in to unmask]>** us at: **[log in to unmask]**
Add us on Google Plus+ <http://goo.gl/fH1LJ>: http://goo.gl/fH1LJ
Follow us on Instagram <http://instagram.com/msaatgsu>:*
http://instagram.com/msaatgsu*
Follow us on Twitter <https://twitter.com/GSU_MSA>: *
https://twitter.com/GSU_MSA* (@GSU_MSA <https://twitter.com/GSU_MSA>)
**Subscribe to us on YouTube <http://www.youtube.com/user/MSAatGSU>: *
http://www.youtube.com/user/MSAatGSU*
Join our group on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/groups/gsumsa/>: *
https://www.facebook.com/groups/gsumsa/
Register with the MSA on
OrgSync<https://orgsync.com/join/26490/muslim-student-association>
: https://orgsync.com/join/26490/muslim-student-association **Only
registered members receive the code to the prayer room located at
University Center room 409.**

*Unsubscribe*: If you would like to be removed from the MSA mailing list,

Did you read this email? The first person to reply with their Panther ID #
and name gets waived dues for this semester! (*Newsletters only*)