Wed, 25 Aug 2021 18:13:17 +0000
Weekly CS Undergraduate Newsletter #45
August 25th, 2021
* Welcome to campus, Panthers! We’re looking forward to a successful fall semester! This newsletter, which is shared weekly, is a great resource for finding out what’s happening in the Computer Science Department, as well as learning about career opportunities available to you. Keep an eye out for it every Wednesday!
* We are offering a Codepath + Facebook Technical Interview Prep Course. This course, brought to you by Codepath.org and Facebook’s Engineer-In-Residence (EIR) program, is a free,12-week course available to both undergraduate and graduate students! Learn more here<https://info.codepath.org/facebook-tech-interview-prep-GSU>. Applications due by September 3rd.
* Delta is hiring entry level IT employees<https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:f6819909-e24e-4473-96cc-5c1ccb644d87>. Learn more about the positions and requirements here:
* Associate Full Stack Software Engineer<https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:b35201e9-dab9-4196-b8a1-eb9b302ad685>
* Associate Technical Product Owner<https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:03262008-c66a-4d70-b992-39c8c71ec9b9>
* Send your resumes directly to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
* The CS for All project at Kennesaw State University is hiring Mathematics Literacy Workers (see flyer<https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:2ee74139-fbc1-46d7-a13d-6f415deb8884>)
* For more information: https://news.kennesaw.edu/stories/2020/grant-nsf-middle-schools-math-computing.php
* To apply: bit.ly/CSforAll_F21<http://bit.ly/CSforAll_F21>
* Interested in game design? The Game Development World Championship, in collaboration with Autodesk, is introducing a new category: The Student Game Award<https://thegdwc.com/student-game-award/>. The online competition, which is open to all students with a game to show, is a great way to gain recognition from industry professionals and others in the field. The top five winning teams receive a reward, and the first place team will receive career coaching from industry veteran Jean Leggett! Apply<https://thegdwc.com/student-game-award/> by December 31st. See flyer<https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:1d225cb9-5662-4269-a32b-5864d4ae7b5e> for more info.
* Are you passionate about student activism, environmental protection, or voter registration? Join Georgia State’s Georgia Public Interest Research Group (GeorgiaPIRG)! This semester, the group has in-person and remote internship and volunteer opportunities<https://actionnetwork.org/forms/get-involved-georgia-pirg-interest-form/> where you can work to make a difference in the community. Email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> for more info!
***If you would like your announcement to be included in future newsletters, please send your request to Ashlie Swanson at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Ashlie Swanson | she/her
[log in to unmask]