CSC_UNDERGRAD Archives

CSc Undergraduate Students

CSC_UNDERGRAD@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

From:
Anu G Bourgeois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2014 19:10:21 +0000
Dear CSc Students -

We have worked hard to add a few new sections to the schedule. Hopefully this has helped to solve some of the issues you were having with class scheduling. Since there is still unmet demand, we are requesting you all to sign up on the new wait list system, if needed. You can find it at the following site: http://www.cs.gsu.edu/~waitlist

You should submit your requests as soon as possible. We will start processing the requests sometime next week.

Please note the following:

1. Adding your name to the wait list will not automatically add you to a class.

2. We will not be reducing the capacities or blocking classes, so if you add your name to the wait list, you should continue to check the schedule for open slots. (In an ideal world, once you add your name to the wait list, you shouldn't have to do this and would automatically be added to the class if approved, but the reality is that we don't have enough resources to manually handle this.)

3. Be realistic when noting your expected semester for graduation. If you select a semester that is not possible for you to graduate, then all of your requests will be deleted without notice.

4. Be realistic when selecting your classes to request. If you do not meet the prereqs for a requested class, then all of your requests will be deleted without notice. This does not apply to prereq waivers that have been directly requested and approved. (Send any such requests to [log in to unmask])

5. Do not send messages asking where you stand or if your request will be approved. These messages will not be answered.

6. If your wait list request is granted, you will receive an email sent to your @student.gsu.edu account. You will have 48 hours after the message is sent to add the approved class to your schedule. So you need to check your email regularly.

7. Do not contact the instructors to see if you can get an overflow waiver.