CSC_UNDERGRAD Archives

CSc Undergraduate Students

CSC_UNDERGRAD@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

From:
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2010 16:11:02 -0500
Dear CSc Students -

Please find attached a flyer that describes the SSS-STEM program we now
have on campus. SSS stands for Student Support Services and STEM is for
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics majors -- including
Computer Science.

Through the program, students will be able to receive free tutoring (one
on one, or small groups), attend workshops on study skills, time
management, financial issues, go on field trips and possibly receive
grant aid. We will also provide additional one-on-one advising to
students that qualify. We are still working out all the details, but
this should be a good opportunity to receive additional help if needed
for your academic needs. We are hoping that if we can catch students
early enough and provide them with this extra support, hopefully we'll
be able to retain more students and especially help prevent them from
losing their HOPE eligibility.

If interested, you need to sign up immediately -- preferably by Friday,
November 19th. You may contact the SSS-STEM office at 404-413-1688 or
visit 152 Sparks Hall for more information or to apply.

--
Anu G. Bourgeois, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Director of Undergraduate Studies