CSC_UNDERGRAD Archives

CSc Undergraduate Students

CSC_UNDERGRAD@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

From:
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:59:39 -0500
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TRUST-REU 2010: Summer Undergraduate Research Experience in Cyber Security
and Trustworthy Systems

APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 1, 2010

PROGRAM DATE: June 7 ? July 30, 2010

LOCATIONS: UC Berkeley, Cornell University, Carnegie Mellon University,
Stanford University, Vanderbilt University

CONTACT: Dr. Kristen Gates -- (510) 642-3737
ONLINE APPLICATION: www.truststc.org/reu/apply

PDF: Attached and available at program website

Dear Colleagues:

We thank you in advance for your assistance in letting your undergraduate
students know about our upcoming Summer Undergraduate Research
Experience at
TRUST (TRUST-REU 2010). Our deadline is February 1, 2010. Please print and
distribute the attached flyer.

Additional information can be found at our website:
http://www.trustst.org and SUPERB-IT details at
http://www.truststc.org/education/superb_instructions.html

The Team for Research in Ubiquitous Secure Technology (TRUST) will sponsor
20 undergraduate students from diverse backgrounds and cultures, to
participate in the Summer Undergraduate Research Experience located at
TRUST
partner campuses: UC Berkeley, Cornell University, Carnegie Mellon
University, Stanford University, Vanderbilt University

These students will be working with graduate student and faculty mentors
throughout the summer performing research and supporting activities in the
area of information technology and TRUST related topics.

An example of past TRUST research topics have included:
-- Design of a Distributed Tracking System for Camera Networks
-- Identifying Software Security Vulnerabilities using Fuzz Testing
-- Time Synchronization Security in Sensor Networks
-- Implementation of an Electronic Medical Record System
-- Analysis of Wireless Connectivity in Sensor Network Deployments

We welcome your recommendations and assistance, in identifying promising
students for the TRUST-REU 2010 program. We are proud of the high
percentage
of former TRUST-REU students who have gone on to earn graduate degrees in
various engineering fields.

This is an excellent opportunity for students to conduct research directly
with our faculty in an eight-week program. Our program is made possible by
the generous support of the National Science Foundation.

We appreciate your support in sharing this information.

For more information please do not hesitate to contact us:

Contact Information for TRUST-REU:
Dr. Kristen Gates
Executive Director of Education,
Team for Research in Ubiquitous Secure Technologies (TRUST)
University of California, Berkeley
(510) 642-3737

Kristen Gates

Dr. Kristen Gates
Executive Director of Education,
Team for Research in Ubiquitous Secure Technology (TRUST)

University of California, Berkeley
392 Cory Hall, MC 1774
Berkeley, CA 94720-1774 USA

Email: [log in to unmask]