CSC_UNDERGRAD Archives

CSc Undergraduate Students

CSC_UNDERGRAD@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

From:
Jamie Hayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2020 19:48:46 +0000
Hello CSc majors,
CS faculty member, Dr. Ashwin Ashok, is calling for volunteers for the mHealth@GSU event below. Please see his message:

1. Volunteers: 3-4 students who can help with the easels and poster board moving (to/from the Urban science life building). I will assist them.

2. Programmers: We want about 5 students (more if we get more applicants) to represent CS department programming efforts to help answer questions about how potentially some health tech applications can be developed. The students need not commit to working on the research, but act as consultants for the day during the event. *Their help with be recognized as "Invited programming consultant for GSU mHealth day" and can put it in their CV.

3. Poster presenters: We have 2 slots for CS student posters. Let me know if you are interested (Undergrad).

Interested students can directly reach out to me : Dr. Ashwin Ashok <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Thanks
Ashwin Ashok
Assistant Professor, Computer Science
Honors College Faculty Associate
Georgia State University
http://ashwinashok.com<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fashwinashok.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cjhayes14%40gsu.edu%7Cfdac217ca74240a8087408d7b5771320%7C515ad73d8d5e4169895c9789dc742a70%7C0%7C0%7C637177395340007073&sdata=ZIjIOzMND0T%2BAFP7HAfDpNwMyaKwC4o14fAQCi%2BedUk%3D&reserved=0>

[https://mailfoogae.appspot.com/t?sender=aYXNod2luZWNlLmFzaG9rQGdtYWlsLmNvbQ%3D%3D&type=zerocontent&guid=3c666769-4e77-457e-bd0b-0ad2a85d6972]ᐧ

mHealth@GSU
Join us for the Spring 2020 Event!
Organized by GSU Department of Computer Science, School of Public Health, and Department of Occupational Therapy
mHealth@GSU Planning Committee: Claire Spears, Ph.D., School of Public Health; Ashwin Ashok, Ph.D., Computer Science; Amanda Gilmore, Ph.D., School of Public Health; Ashli Owen-Smith, Ph.D., School of Public Health; Sutanuka Bhattacharjya, Ph.D., Department of Occupational Therapy

Friday February 28th, 2020
Noon to 2pm
Urban Life Building (140 Decatur St. SE), Second Floor
The Spring mHealth event will feature speed research spotlight presentations by GSU faculty; posters on GSU mHealth research; and opportunities to network both internally and with local tech companies/ programmers. Email Claire Spears ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) by FEBRUARY 4 if you are interested in presenting.
Agenda:
12-1pm: mHealth@GSU Research Spotlights                                                                                              Room 230, Urban Life Building
●       Faculty across the university will give very brief (2 min.) presentations on ongoing or planned mHealth research at GSU. These spotlight presentations are not data-driven, but will instead feature our faculty’s interests in mHealth research, ongoing studies, and ideas/needs for collaboration.
1-2pm: Networking and Poster Session
School of Public Health Events Space, Urban Life Building 2nd floor
●       Poster Session: Faculty, Staff, Students and Other Trainees are invited to present posters on research related to mHealth.
●       Connect with Local Programmers: Several local technology companies/programmers are being invited to set up tables and discuss potential collaborations.
●        Networking: Discuss potential research collaborations with faculty presenters and other attendees.