CSC_UNDERGRAD Archives

CSc Undergraduate Students

CSC_UNDERGRAD@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

From:
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2010 15:19:44 -0500
Greetings,

I hope this email finds all is well with you. Suntrust Bank is seeking
interns for the spring and would like an email alert to your students.

Will this be possible? If so, students can apply directly to the
recruiter Jason Abraham. His email is below the job description.

Internal Audit Graduate-level Technology Internship Program –
Atlanta, GA
SunTrust Audit Services (SAS) provides professional internal auditing
services to SunTrust. Our role is to assist management in identifying
risks across Lines of Business and independently assess their ability to
manage them. We are client centric and provide business managers,
Senior Management, Audit Committee, and regulators with an objective
perspective on SunTrust’s control environment. We strive to help our
clients mitigate risk, maintain a quality focus and ultimately create
maximum value for our shareholders. Our mission is to contribute to
organizational success by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of
risk management and control processes across the enterprise.

The Graduate-level Technology Internship Program will begin in January
24, 2011 and end on Friday, April 22, 2011. The part-time, 20-hour work
week is Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Interns will receive
competitive wages. Interns are responsible for all expenses related to
housing and/or transportation. All internships will be located in
Atlanta.
The Internship Program provides exposure to a number of disciplines
within SunTrust Audit Services (SAS). The Intern will be assigned to
the IT Audit team to perform work related to technology processes on
Risk Based Auditing (RBA) projects. Assignments will include technology
project auditing, application control review, and technology process
audit. Through participating in scheduled training sessions, Interns
will develop an understanding of the different lines of business and
support functions which comprise SunTrust and learn how SAS interacts
with each area. The internship program will provide extensive
on-the-job training opportunities and is designed to support development
and practical application of analytical skills. Interns will
participate in project team meetings and perform related assignments.
They will have opportunity to develop valuable relationships while
working with project managers and other SAS associates. The overall
goal of the program is for the Intern to develop a solid understanding
of our industry, our organization and our strategy. Interns may be
considered for available full-time associate positions in SAS upon
graduation assuming solid performance during the internship.

Qualifications:
? – Accounting or Computer Science, Computer Information Systems
major preferred
?Currently enrolled in Masters of Science in Information Systems
Audit & Control (MSISAC) or Masters of Accountancy, or Master of Science
in Computer Science and Computer Information Systems programs
?Overall GPA of 3.0 or above required
?Solid interpersonal skills and customer service orientation
?Leadership experience and analytical aptitude
?High degree of academic and extracurricular achievement
?Proven analytical ability and attention to detail
?Proven ability to work well in a team environment; excellent written
and oral communication skills
SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal
Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.

Thank you and wishing you a wonderful upcoming winter break.

Stay Connected with UCS!
Link Options:
Panther Career Net - www.gsu/edu/career/jobs.html

Events: www.gsu.edu/career/news.html
******************************
Ramona A. Simien
Assistant Director
Employer Relations
University Career Services
Georgia State University
404/413-1820 Ph
www.gsu.edu/career

Raheem A. Beyah, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Communications Assurance and Performance Group
Department of Computer Science
Georgia State University

34 Peachtree Street
Suite 1451
Atlanta, GA 30303
Phone: 404-413-5721
Fax: 404-413-5717
E-Mail: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Group URL: www.cs.gsu.edu/cap <http://www.cs.gsu.edu/cap>
Personal URL: www.cs.gsu.edu/rbeyah <http://www.cs.gsu.edu/rbeyah>