CSC_UNDERGRAD Archives

CSc Undergraduate Students

CSC_UNDERGRAD@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

From:
Jamie Hayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2019 17:10:36 +0000
Hello CSc students,
The Career Advancement Center, within the Robinson College of Business, is now accepting applications for the Panthers in the Valley<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Frobinson.gsu.edu%2Fcac%2Fpanthers-in-the-valley%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7C8208954e5e8c4fae814108d5a93c9c8c%7C515ad73d8d5e4169895c9789dc742a70%7C0%7C0%7C636601000132959450&sdata=sVwmci5FUrniOSRG7ZecLQtUrWnp3LSoLwKtf07Tx1E%3D&reserved=0> program this fall 2019. If you are interested, please read the letter (and flyer) below from Ms. Sharry Conroy - Associate Director and Program Leader - and submit your application by 11:59 p.m. Sunday, February 17th 2019.
[cid:image002.jpg@01D3DAFF.17764960]
Dear CSc majors,
Are you interested in exploring a career in the Silicon Valley region of California?  I am reaching out to you because I lead a signature program within Robinson College of Business, Panthers in the Valley.  In October 2019, I will bring 14 students with me to Silicon Valley to meet with top tech firms within the region.  This immersive and experiential program is designed to offer significant insight into the career space that showcases the world of data, design, fintech, information systems and technology within the unique region that is Silicon Valley.
This program is ideal for students majoring in analytics; computer information systems and computer science; entrepreneurship; finance (fintech); graphic design; information systems; and marketing.  Plus, we would like to also consider any GSU student who is actively seeking employment opportunities within the tech industry in California.
Requirements to apply include the following:

*         Actively enrolled GSU undergraduate, graduate, or doctorate student with a graduation date of December 2019 or later

*         Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better

Host companies have included, and are likely to include:

*         AirBnB

*         Google

*         HeroCity

*         Masterclass

*         Microsoft

*         PeopleGrove

*         Salesforce

*         SAP

*         Skype

*         Splunk

*         Thumbtack

If selected for the program, the college will cover your airfare, hotel, most meals, and the majority of the in-city transportation cost that is associated with the company visits.  Students pay a $500.00 commitment that is applied to the cost of the program, plus occasional meals and recreational transportation that is outside the planned program visits.

To read more information, meet the 2019 cohort, and apply, please view the Panthers in the Valley website<https://robinson.gsu.edu/cac/panthers-in-the-valley/>.  Application deadline is 11:59 p.m. Sunday, February 17th 2019.  To apply, simply submit your application via GSU Handshake (ID# 2124548)<https://gsu.joinhandshake.com/login>, attach your resume, and a brief 1-page essay detailing your interest in Silicon Valley, and photo.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Hope you hear from you soon!
Cheers,
Sharry
Associate Director, Panthers Immersion Programs
-Panthers in the Valley
-Panthers in Washington D.C.
-Panthers on Wall St.
J. Mack Robinson College of Business, Delta Student Success Center
55 Park Place, 12th Floor - Signature Programs Suite
Atlanta, GA 30303
404-413-7160
www.robinson.gsu.edu/panthers<http://www.robinson.gsu.edu/panthers>

        [RCB_2019_FL_PIV_FLYER]