CSC_UNDERGRAD Archives

CSc Undergraduate Students

CSC_UNDERGRAD@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

From:
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2010 14:37:00 -0500
Dear Student,

Please read the message below. If you are interested, please email
Heather Cabary ([log in to unmask]) your name, university,
email address, telephone number. She will contact you to confirm
participation.

Thanks,

Tammie
------------------------------please read----------------
Hello Dr. Bourgeois,

I hope this message finds you well. On behalf of Great Minds in STEMTM,
we would like to invite STEM major students from the Department of
Computer Science to participate as College Captains in the upcoming Viva
Technology Program for students of Jean Childs Young Middle School on
Friday, December 10, 2010. This would be a great opportunity for your
students to work with the local young community and guide them through
science and math related hands-on activities as a college volunteer,
what we call ‘College Captains.’ Please encourage many students to
participate.

With the help of recruited College Captains from surrounding
universities, we are able to provide “near peer” role-models for the
students who participate in the program. As a College Captain, your
students will have the opportunity to give back to your community by
sharing their college experience. We also provide College Captains with
a $100 stipend which can also be distributed individually or pooled
together as a fundraiser for their respective student organization.

Furthermore, our sponsors are present at these events, therefore this is
a great opportunity for your students to begin networking with potential
employers and exploring possible career opportunities. This Viva
Technology Program will be sponsored by Shell Oil Company.

The Viva Technology Program in your area will take place at:

Jean Childs Young Middle School

Friday, December 10, 2010

7:45am – 4:15pm

3116 Benjamin E. Mays Drive SW

Atlanta, Georgia 30311

If you know of any students that would be interested in participating
please forward on this opportunity. To sign up as a College Captain,
students must simply email me their name, university, email address,
telephone number. I will be contacting them to confirm their participation.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at
[log in to unmask] We look forward to working with your
students.

Regards,

Heather Carbary