CSC_UNDERGRAD Archives

CSc Undergraduate Students

CSC_UNDERGRAD@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

From:
Jamie Hayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 2020 18:55:04 +0000
Hello CSc majors,
Please see the important message below, from the CS Department Chair, regarding online learning for the spring semester.

________________________________

Dear Students,

It is my hope that you and your family are healthy and that you are coping with the changes that the Covid-19 pandemic has caused. I appreciate your understanding and flexibility as we all learn to navigate the current situation.

Classes will resume on Monday, March 30, but as you know, we will finish our classes in an online environment. Below are a few things you can do to prepare for class.

1. Review the information at www.gsu.edu/keeplearning<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gsu.edu%2Fkeeplearning&data=02%7C01%7Cjhayes14%40gsu.edu%7C70ee9c1de3ce422b990608d7d0e69ba5%7C515ad73d8d5e4169895c9789dc742a70%7C0%7C0%7C637207561177100348&sdata=7VTF9oBqF5QSPkxG5Ys8HupABTWhH3bD1YPLMPhrmxA%3D&reserved=0> to get a five-step strategy for learning online and other helpful information.

2. You will access our class and course materials in iCollege. Be sure that you can log into our course by going to icollege.gsu.edu and entering your GSU credentials. Then click on the link for our course.

3. When you first log in to the course, be sure to review the course syllabus and course calendar for updates.

4. Your time commitment to the course remains the same even though we are not bound by a specific day and time for class. It is important to keep up with the deadlines and to devote the appropriate time to learning and complete the assignments in the course. Plan a block of time on your schedule for class each week. You should spread class time out over at least two days and for the same amount of time as we met on campus.

5. Most importantly, know that you are not alone. I am still here for you. On Monday, I will share different resources for you and will share more details on how class will be conducted each week.

I look forward to “seeing” you in class next week.

Thanks

Yi Pan

         Dr. Yi Pan
         Regents' Professor and Chair