Weekly CS Undergraduate Newsletter #6
November 11th 2019
* Competitive Programming Results: This past Saturday, Nov. 9th, GSU CS sent 4 teams of 3 to the Southeast ICPC Regional. This was the first year GSU has ever competed! Our regional had over 120 teams participating, with our top two teams placing 20th and 22nd in GSU's division.
o Participants: Thu Vo, Kimberly Luviano-Garcia, Jennifer Vu, Nathan Harris, Austin Farmer, Kamil Elwali, Hashim Amin, Ashmil Shaik, Dheeraj-Reddy Jeeru, JiYun Kim, Eric Eldridge, Mike Zheng ( See photos here<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zw1fTaShB8o_Xkde44a__InCDWTJa3lx> )
* Call for Student proposals: CETL is accepting student proposals for projects. Awards up to $500 per project / event or $1000 for organizations collaborating. Deadline: December 9th (see flyer) <http://grid.cs.gsu.edu/~jhayes14/CSnewsletter/Have%20an%20idea%20for%20a%20project_!.pdf>
* [REMINDER] Data Science & Analytics Day will be held on Thursday, November 14th from 9am - 1:30pm - 25 Park Place (see flyer) <http://grid.cs.gsu.edu/~jhayes14/CSnewsletter/GSU%20Data%20Sci%20&%20Analytics%20Day-Nov%2014th%202019.pdf>
* GSU Arts and Sciences has a STEM Conference happening this Friday, November 15th, on the 5th floor of the Natural Science Center, from 1:00pm to 4:00pm.
o More than 100 posters will be on display (see flyer)<http://grid.cs.gsu.edu/~jhayes14/CSnewsletter/USRS_Conference_2019_Fall_Version_4.pdf>
* PantherHackers Event: Leadership Q & A session happening November 14th 4:30pm - 5:30pm in CETL (see flyer) <http://grid.cs.gsu.edu/~jhayes14/CSnewsletter/Panther%20Hackers%20QA%20Leadership%20Session.pdf>
* Girls++ end of semester bash happening Thursday, November 21st from 4:30pm - 6:30pm (see flyer) <http://grid.cs.gsu.edu/~jhayes14/CSnewsletter/Girls++%20Meeting-flyer-Thursday%20Nov%2021st%202019.jpg>
* Girls Who Code Robotics Event happening this Friday, Nov. 15th (see flyer) <http://grid.cs.gsu.edu/~jhayes14/CSnewsletter/GWC%20Updated%20November%20Newsletter.pdf>
Career Related Events and Job Opportunities:
* Valuant is hiring: Valuant is looking for a CS intern to start as soon as possible. Students must be graduating in Fall 2019 or Spring 2020 or have recently graduated. This is a paid internship. Interns can send their cover letter and resume directly to Mr. Nhat Bui at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
o (see job posting) <http://grid.cs.gsu.edu/~jhayes14/CSnewsletter/Valuant%20Internship%20Posting%20-%20November%202019.pdf>
* Undergrad Research Opportunity: Air Force Research Laboratory Scholars Program for summer 2020 (see flyer) <http://grid.cs.gsu.edu/~jhayes14/CSnewsletter/AFRL%20Scholars_SU%202020_11.11.2019.pdf>
* [REMINDER] iD Tech is Hiring Students for Multiple Positions for next summer:
o Camp Directors<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fidtech-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com%2FRedirect%3Fukey%3D1uHJTlE_gh1VD1YStxRBK-JvyOwGJYq9bObd3Msdn_V8-0%26key%3DYAMMID-27624735%26link%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252F2018media.idtech.com%252Fdownloads%252FiD-Tech-Director-Flyer.pdf&data=02%7C01%7Cjhayes14%40gsu.edu%7Ce5a12a0cb8574354e34b08d7597aced0%7C515ad73d8d5e4169895c9789dc742a70%7C0%7C1%7C637076256346098041&sdata=ER7FUjgxhXcfoITQNm7248ptyqV%2BiKTeoJZk07bytA8%3D&reserved=0> (NO Tech Experience Needed! Perfect for future Educators/Leaders)
o Camp Instructors<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fidtech-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com%2FRedirect%3Fukey%3D1uHJTlE_gh1VD1YStxRBK-JvyOwGJYq9bObd3Msdn_V8-0%26key%3DYAMMID-27624735%26link%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fmedia.idtech.com%252Fdownloads%252FiD-Tech-Instructor-Recruiting-Flyer-2019.pdf&data=02%7C01%7Cjhayes14%40gsu.edu%7Ce5a12a0cb8574354e34b08d7597aced0%7C515ad73d8d5e4169895c9789dc742a70%7C0%7C1%7C637076256346108041&sdata=lQ8Kk%2FQa%2BdpK1ck4G1NCE1T7qj1pHcAF5lZRtcTvuqE%3D&reserved=0> (Majoring in Computer Science, Engineering, Game Development, or Media Arts)
Mr. Jamie Hayes, M.A.
Undergraduate Academic Coordinator | Department of Computer Science
Georgia State University - College of Arts and Sciences
25 Park Place, 7th Floor |Atlanta, GA 30303