CSC_UNDERGRAD Archives

CSc Undergraduate Students

CSC_UNDERGRAD@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2015 19:03:34 +0000
From:
Tammie T Dudley <[log in to unmask]>

From: Jennifer Nicole Olive [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 2:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Next Session of Playtest: April 10, 2015

Dear Tammie Dudley:

The Creative Media Industries Institute and New and Emerging Media Initiative at Georgia State University would like to invite everyone to join us for our next installment of Playtest this Friday, April 10, as we discuss economic systems in tabletop board games.

How do economic systems function in board games? What kinds of economic systems are possible? This week, join us as we discuss the characteristics of common economic systems in board games, the implications of these systems on game mechanics, and their relationship to economic systems in games of other mediums. The games for discussion and play will be Settlers of Catan, Tokaido, and 7 Wonders.

If this is your first time hearing about Playtest, it is an hour-long meet-up for discussing and exploring game mechanics, concepts, and experiences in a comfortable and critical setting.

This week's session will be held on Friday, April 10, from 3:00 to 4:30 PM on the 9th floor of 25 Park Place. We invite all students, staff, faculty, game developers, game critics, and anyone with a serious interest in game design or development to join us for these sessions; so, please, feel free to share this e-mail and its information with your students, colleagues, and friends.

For more information about Playtest, including how to propose a topic, please see our website (http://playtest.gsu.edu/) or contact Jennifer Olive ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) or Cameron Kunzelman ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) via e-mail.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. We look forward to seeing you at our next session of Playtest!

Sincerely,

Jennifer Olive

Jennifer Olive

2CI New Media Fellow