CSC_UNDERGRAD Archives

CSc Undergraduate Students

CSC_UNDERGRAD@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

From:
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2011 08:57:31 -0400
Co-op Description:
We are looking for current Information Technology and
Computer Science
students. We would like to see applicants with some level of
experience
with troubleshooting, networking, or computer repairs. The
Co-op is a
year long, part time position with flexible scheduling that
is intended
to coincide with your schooling. Co-ops typically work 30-32
hours/wk.
This is a great opportunity to gain on-the-job technical
experience and
training in the Desktop Services role within a large corporate
environment.

Responsibilities include:
● Handling routine maintenance and support of standard
hardware/software technology in use at the firm.
● Configuring and moving a workstation
● Inputting data into local operational processes such as PC
inventory
● Escalating important technical issues to senior members of
the
team
● Work independently on tasks and service requests, but gets
active
guidance from more senior technical resources within the
location team
● Effectively support our technology to ensure productivity of
associates as they work in turn to serve our external customers
● PC/laptop setups
● Basic PC/laptop and peripheral repairs processes
● Refresh of loaner laptop process
● Inventory/parts processes
● Associate move/termination processes
● (Remedy) support ticket processes
● Basic printer troubleshooting
● Basic network connectivity troubleshooting
● Basic software installation processes
Please send resumes to: