CSC_UNDERGRAD Archives

CSc Undergraduate Students

CSC_UNDERGRAD@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

From:
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:03:58 -0500
Dear Student,

I am Dr. Natarajan Meghanathan, a faculty in the Department of
Computer Science at Jackson State University (JSU), Jackson, MS. In
Summer 2010, we will be hosting our second REU (Research Experiences
for Undergraduates) program in the areas of Wireless Ad hoc Networks
and Sensor Networks. I am the director of this REU program, which is
being funded by the National Science Foundation. We had a very
successful Summer 2009 REU program
(http://www.jsums.edu/cms/reu/2009). It resulted in several
peer-reviewed publications.

Our 2010 REU program is a 10-week high-quality research program
involving both theory and simulation. Students will gain good
theoretical knowledge and programming/implementation experience.
Students will intern with active and experienced research faculty.
Students will get trained to do both individual and collaborative
research. In addition, students will participate in Graduate School
and career orientation sessions throughout the program. Students will
also learn how to write quality research papers and present their
research work.

Participating students will receive a stipend of $4,500 for the
10-week internship. Free on-campus housing will be provided. An amount
of $27/day for the 10-week period will be provided as meal allowance
for each student. In addition, students will receive a travel
reimbursement of up to $600 to come from home to JSU and get back to
home from JSU.

I am attaching a flyer about our REU internship program in this email.
I request you to print the flyer and distribute it among your faculty
and students and encourage the undergraduate students to apply for our
Summer 2010 REU internship program. More information about our REU
program can be found at our website: http://www.jsums.edu/cms/reu.
This website has a link to the application materials. The application
materials can also be directly accessed from the link
http://www.jsums.edu/cms/reu/html/application.html. Applications will
be considered on a rolling basis. The deadline for receiving the
complete application package is March 17, 2010.

My contact information is given below:

Dr. Natarajan Meghanathan
REU Program Director
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
P. O. Box 18839
Jackson State University
Jackson, MS 39217
Phone: 601-979-3661
Fax: 601-979-2478
Email: [log in to unmask]

If you have any questions or need any further information, please feel
free to contact me.

I look forward to receive applications from your students for our
Summer 2010 REU program.

Thanking you,

Best Regards,
Natarajan Meghanathan