CSC_UNDERGRAD Archives

CSc Undergraduate Students

CSC_UNDERGRAD@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

From:
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2011 10:14:48 -0500
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TRUST-REU 2011: Summer Undergraduate Research Experience in Cyber
Security and Trustworthy Systems

APPLICATION
DEADLINE: March 1, 2011

PROGRAM
DATE: June 6  July 29, 2011

LOCATIONS: UC Berkeley, Cornell University, Stanford University,
Vanderbilt University

CONTACT: Dr. Kristen Gates -- (510) 642-3737
ONLINE
APPLICATION: http://www.truststc.org/reu/

PDF: Attached and available at program website

Dear Colleagues:

We thank you in advance for your assistance in letting your
undergraduate students know about our upcoming Summer Undergraduate
Research Experience at TRUST (TRUST-REU 2011). Our deadline is MARCH 1,
2011. Please print and distribute the attached flyer.

Additional information can be found at our website:
http://www.truststc.org/education

The Team for Research in Ubiquitous Secure Technology (TRUST) will
sponsor 12 undergraduate students from diverse backgrounds and cultures,
to participate in the Summer Undergraduate Research Experience located
at TRUST partner campuses: UC Berkeley, Cornell University, Stanford
University, Vanderbilt University.

These students will be working with graduate student and faculty mentors
throughout the summer performing research and supporting activities in
the area of information technology and TRUST related topics.

An example of past TRUST research topics have included:
-- Evaluating the Impact of Security Attacks on Cyber-Physical Systems
-- Evaluating of Packet Delay and Loss on a Network Control System in
DETER Testbed
-- Detecting User Activities using the Accelerometer on Android Smartphones
-- Cookie Blocking and Privacy
-- Evaluating Cryptographic Capabilities and Efficiency for Devices with
the Android Platform
-- Design of a Distributed Tracking System for Camera Networks
-- Identifying Software Security Vulnerabilities using Fuzz Testing
-- Time Synchronization Security in Sensor Networks
-- Implementation of an Electronic Medical Record System
-- Analysis of Wireless Connectivity in Sensor Network Deployments

We welcome your recommendations and assistance, in identifying promising
students for the TRUST-REU 2011 program. We are proud of the high
percentage of former TRUST-REU students who have gone on to earn
graduate degrees in various engineering fields.

This is an excellent opportunity for students to conduct research
directly with our faculty in an eight-week program. Our program is made
possible by the generous support of the National Science Foundation.

We appreciate your support in sharing this information.

Sincerely,
Kristen Gates
Dr. Kristen Gates
Executive Director of Education,
Team for Research in Ubiquitous Secure Technology (TRUST)

University of California, Berkeley
392 Cory Hall, MC 1774
Berkeley, CA 94720-1774 USA

Office Phone: 510-642-3737
Cell Phone: 510-508-7510
=

Raheem A. Beyah, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Communications Assurance and Performance Group
Department of Computer Science
Georgia State University

34 Peachtree Street
Suite 1451
Atlanta, GA 30303
Phone and Fax: 404-413-5721
E-Mail: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Group URL: www.cs.gsu.edu/cap <http://www.cs.gsu.edu/cap>
Personal URL: www.cs.gsu.edu/rbeyah <http://www.cs.gsu.edu/rbeyah>

=