CSC_UNDERGRAD Archives

CSc Undergraduate Students

CSC_UNDERGRAD@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

From:
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 2009 14:32:07 -0400
Dear Computer Science Department:

Project Vote Smart is a national, non-partisan, non-profit political
research library located in the Montana Rockies. The Project was founded
by former US Presidents Carter and Ford, as well as 40 other prominent
national leaders of both major political parties and funded by the
Carnegie and Ford Foundations. The New York Times said that “Project
Vote Smart is so good that even the Federal Government recommends it.”

We are currently accepting applications for *our Fall and Winter*
National Internship Program. This is an especially great opportunity for
recent graduates. This year we are excited to announce our new online
application system where students can now submit their applications
completely electronically, expediting the review and acceptance process!
To apply online or to get more information about Project Vote Smart,
please visit *www.votesmart.org <http://www.votesmart.org>*. I hope you
will look over our website and forward our information to any interested
students. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks to the generous support of our members across the country, we are
once again able to offer the Barry Goldwater scholarship to all accepted
students. This scholarship *provides room and board* for the duration of
the student’s 10 week internship at our headquarters, the Great Divide
Ranch in Montana.

Through our internships, your students will have a unique opportunity to
be involved with the political process, while enjoying one of the most
spectacular places on earth. Our internship will give your students the
chance to provide millions of people with factual, unbiased information,
as well as the opportunity to stroll around pristine lakes and rivers,
hike throughout the Rocky Mountains, or ski some of the best slopes in
the country. During an internship with Project Vote Smart, students will
work hard and learn a great deal, all in an environment defined by its
beautiful scenery and the commitment of its staff and interns.

Our internships, as with all the other areas of the organization, focus
on the end product: providing voters with pertinent, factual information
on presidential, congressional, gubernatorial, and state legislative
candidates and elected officials. For students, this means a hands-on
internship with significant opportunities for learning and growth. In
fact, more than 90 percent of the information that Project Vote Smart
provides is researched, entered, and checked by interns and volunteers.
This system has been developed and cultivated specifically to ensure
that interns are primarily responsible for the research; the few staff
members are here simply to train and guide interns in what needs to be
accomplished.

Please ask your students to consider this opportunity and contact me
with any questions at 1-888-VOTESMART (1-888-868-3762) or via email at
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>. I look forward to
working together to provide your students with an unforgettable learning
experience.

Sincerely,

Tallie Spiller
Project Vote Smart