CSC_UNDERGRAD Archives

CSc Undergraduate Students

CSC_UNDERGRAD@LISTSERV.GSU.EDU

From:
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 2009 11:36:59 -0500
The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship program, funded by
Congress, is introducing a new scholarship opportunity for undergraduate
students in the STEM fields for study abroad during Summer 2010.
-Students must be receiving the Federal Pell Grant during the spring
semester.
-Students must be studying abroad this summer for a period of 28 days or
longer in one country.
-Students do not need to be studying a STEM subject while abroad.
-Awards range up to $5,000 with the average award being around $3,000.

I've attached a flyer/info sheet on this great opportunity for your
students. Please help in advertising this scholarship program by
distributing to your students and advertising in your departments.

I highly encourage all students applying for the Gilman scholarship to
contact me and meet with me before they apply. If you have interested
students, please send them my way!

Students are also eligible to apply for the IEF Scholarship (Georgia
State's own study abroad scholarship program). There are no restrictions
for length of program, financial aid status, major, etc. I've also
attached a flyer for the IEF Scholarship.

Let me know if you have any questions, and have a great rest of the week!

Sincerely,
Daniel Jansen

Daniel Jansen
Study Abroad Coordinator
Office of International Affairs, Study Abroad Programs
Georgia State University
10 Park Place, Suite 500
Phone: (404) 413-2529         Web:  www.gsu.edu/studyabroad
<http://www.gsu.edu/studyabroad>