Hello CSc majors,
Please see the research opportunity below (flyer attached):
The Undergraduate Consortium at KDD 2022 (KDD-UC) is a new initiative that endeavors to expand and enhance the participation of undergraduate students of diverse backgrounds in research pertaining to knowledge discovery from data.
The KDD-UC will provide
* critical feedback to undergraduate students on their ongoing research projects with presentation and mentoring session
* financial assistance to attend and present their work at KDD 2022 for a selected subset of students.
The KDD-UC will also organize a panel focused on rewards and potential challenges of different research career pathways, including graduate school/PhD, research labs, and industry. Only undergraduate students may submit papers to the program (they should be the primary authors of the work). Students exploring a career in data science research and also underrepresented minorities are encouraged to apply.
Field of research: Computer Science
Co-Chairs: Dr. David C. Anastasiu (Santa Clara University) and Dr. Esra Akbas (Oklahoma State University)
Web site: https://kdd.org/kdd2022/cfpUG.html
<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkdd.org%2Fkdd2022%2FcfpUG.html&data=05%7C01%7Cjhayes14%40gsu.edu%7C0fc8fa9b52c64ca0609308da3f405589%7C515ad73d8d5e4169895c9789dc742a70%7C0%7C0%7C637891842785524656%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=wZis5liIMmVP8bnq6iCFxD0jdig%2FMERbxtkfWDdXh2Q%3D&reserved=0>Questions: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
* May 26, 2022 June 15, 2022 - Submission deadline
* June 20, 2022 July 4, 2022 - Decisions announced
* August 17, 2022, 9:30 AM-4:30 PM - Undergraduate Consortium